Saturday, November 21, 2009

I am Thankful Day 26

I am sooooo sick today. Throwing up, chills, fever, body aches. It SUCKS. I literally have not been out of bed for more then five minutes since last night. Earlier the body aches were so bad my whole body was shaking. NOT FUN! But honestly I can't remember the last time I was sick enough to stay in bed and I am so grateful for that. And isn't Motrin a serious miracle?? Around five o'clock I was feeling so bad I started crying. My hips were aching to the point I could barely stand it and there was no position I could lay or sit it that would alleviate the pain. I called my mom (she is a nurse) and she told me I should alternate Motrin and Tylenol every three hours or so. I took a couple Motrin and within an hour it had totally taken the edge off and I was able to fall asleep.
The fact that I hardly ever get colds or the flu is something I take for granted when I shouldn't.

On a lighter note I ate over 2000 calories yesterday and didn't exercise at all. I was kicking myself when I went to bed- mainly because I haven't had a bad day since I started working out and eating better three weeks ago, but since I haven't been able to eat anything at all today I don't feel so bad now. LOL! Oh and I weighed myself yesterday and I have lost SIX pounds!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! I am halfway to my goal weight and by then hopefully I will have made these lifestyle changes a habit and hopefully my clothes will fit again. I am so grateful I am doing this. I have had so much more energy just felt better overall. Oh and in case you are wondering I plan on eating a HUGE Thanksgiving dinner. Holidays don't count!!!!

No comments: