Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am Thankful Day 23

Today the cat puked on my floor in the wee hours of the morning and woke me up. I think it was around 4 AM. I threw the cat outside so she could finish vomiting and headed to the bathroom to get some toilet paper to clean up the mess.

When I opened the bathroom door, Kailyn's dog Molly came running out. No idea why or how she got in there but as I made my way over to the toilet to get the TP I slipped on something wet. Lovely. I looked down and guess what? It was dog pee. I cleaned up the pee, cleaned up the puke and put Molly in her kennel then I went back to bed.

I knew I would only have 30 minutes to an hour more to sleep before I would be up again for seminary but I wanted it. As soon as I got back into bed Molly started whining in her kennel so I got up again and moved the kennel out in the living room (Kailyn had moved out to the couch sometime in the night), then I went back to bed. As soon as I laid down our dog Tucker started scratching and whining at the door. I ignored him and fell asleep.

I literally woke up at 5:40 (Seminary starts at 6) but I am an expert at getting ready SPEEDY QUICK. I threw on a dress, threw up my hair and threw on some blush- but it was totally freezing in the house so I put on some polka-dot socks and a fuzzy hoodie and headed into Seminary.

I have been dragging all day. It is funny what an hour of broken sleep will do to you. I am wayyy thankful that the majority of my nights are spent sleeping without interruptions. I am super grateful that I can get ready in under 20 minutes and most importantly that no one in my seminary class made fun of my outfit this morning.

Oh and an added bonus- when I went to sit down at my computer this morning the cat had puked on my chair as well!!! I am thankful the material was easy to clean.


(on a total So You Think You Can Dance side note- I voted for Legacy and Kathryn and Ryan and Eleanor- I want Kevin or Victor to go home from the guys and Channing to go from the girls)

3 comments:

kenzie said...

Thank you for reminding me of why I will never have pets again! I would have dropped kicked the cat out the door, when really what he needed was a hug and to snuggle. See, I'm better at being a mommy for humans than animals.
Way to play the Glad Game. You're a great example to me:)

Brittney said...

that was a disgusting story.... I puked in my mouth multiple times!rk21

Tami said...

I'm with Kenzie on this one. Pets are so dirty and disgusting! :)