Monday, November 2, 2009

I am Thankful Day 10

I am REALLY missing my family today. In the past week or so I am gotten calls or messages from both of my parents, my grandma, Travis' mom, my little brother Daniel, Travis' brother Bradley, and three of my sister n laws. I love it but it has made me soooo homesick. I think what is making it worse is the fact that I know none of us have any money to travel so it will be awhile before we see each other again. This post isn't sounding very grateful yet is it? I think I need to write this today so I can look for the silver lining. I need to be grateful for what I do have and not dwell on what I am missing so here it goes.....

I am grateful I have family to miss. I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life that have taught me so much and continue to teach me. I love them more then words could ever express. I can honestly say that the very best friends I have are members of my family. I am grateful for all the memories I have of the times I have spent with them. I am grateful for the vacations, holidays and just general hanging out we have been able to do. I am grateful for the times that we lived within driving distance and that we never took advantage of that and always spent as much time as possible together

I am grateful for technology that lets me see my nieces and nephews in their Halloween costumes on Halloween, that lets my mom read this blog, that lets me talk to my dad even though he lives 7 miles up a dirt road in the middle of no where, that lets Jen send me pictures of Cameron right to my phone, lets my grandma call me and give me family history information and lets my brother leave me messages on facebook to let me know he thinks I am beautiful and he loves me.

How I wish we could do all of these things in person but I am so very grateful that there are simple ways for us to keep in touch and express our love for each other.

And last but not least I am thankful for many many pictures that make me smile. I seriously couldn't decide which ones to post.































1 comment:

Marianne & Clayton said...

It is so fun to see your mom and your brothers! What a good-looking bunch.