Thursday, November 5, 2009

I am Thankful Day 13

As many of you know I have a problem. A BIG one. I am addicted to music. Specifically BUYING music. I have 19 gigs of music in my Itunes Library. I miss BMG in ways you cannot imagine. My Cd's are alphabetized and in cases under my bed and I can't believe I am going to admit this here in PUBLIC but many of you probably already know this so here it goes.........in 2008..... I spent.............ack.....it hurts to say it.......ummmm yeah I spent six hundred dollars (can't this writing get any smaller?) on music.

I told you it was a BIG problem! Well in 2009 I made a commitment to make a HUGE reduction in the amount of money I spent. I avoid the music sections at Walmart and Target, I avoid Itunes on Tuesdays when all the new Cd's come out and I keep a notebook with lists of all the music I would like to own so on the rare occasion I decide to reward myself I know exactly what I want. The list now has over 200 albums on it but hey at least I didn't buy them. I am not saying I was perfect this year but I did drastically decrease the amount I spent. As of today I have spent 121 dollars on music with no plans to spend any more soon. I am putting Wolfmother's new CD on my Christmas wishlist though.
So you are probably wondering what I am thankful for right?

PANDORA!!!! It is my new drug of choice. I can open Pandora and listen to music all the live long day without paying a dime. It is AMAZING!!!

I have created at least 20 stations. My favorites right now are my Matisyahu, Pink Floyd, Matt Nathanson and Hometown Glory by Adele stations.
If you haven't ever used Pandora I highly recommend it.
I promise there will be a day that I express my thankfulness for music in general. But it will have to be a day when I have LOTS of time.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Lisa,
You can rent CDs from the library. Our system lets you even reserve them online.
Lisa B
PS I read your blog all the time, but I am a sucky commenter.

Lisa and company said...

Oh my goodness LISA!!!!! Wow I miss you! I am glad you found my blog. I sooo wish you could check out CD's at the library here I totally remember doing that in Kirkland. It would make me happy.

Amanda said...

Thanks for the link. we use grooveshark, emmy loves it.

Marianne & Clayton said...

I was also going to suggest the library as I, ahem, have "improved" my collection thusly. I justify it by only renting ones that I owned on vinyl or tape or that my parents owned etc... I figure I've already bought the Beatles White album once in my life, the library can help me add it to my I-Tunes collection.

I will have to check out Pandora. This is twice today that someone has mentioned it, and I've never even heard of it before now. Cool.