Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Snow days

Okay so first of all I just want to say that there is very little about snow that I like. It is cold and wet and that is a very bad combination as far as I am concerned. I think that is one reason why I love living in North Carolina, it snows like once every five years. I am definitely a warm weather person. That being said I am glad the kids had a chance to play in the snow. We got about six inches which is a ton for us. Our first winter in NC it snowed 22 inches. Kailyn was just a baby. It was so incredible. Everything shut down for like a week. I didn't mind because I had a new baby and didn't really need to go anywhere and there were a couple stores within walking distance (Travis walked). Since then we have had a couple inches twice maybe and a dusting here or there.
The kids already only had two days of school this week because of the MLK Holiday and then two teacher work days so with the two snow days they have the whole week off. That is nice for me. I really hate the routine of homework, lunches, carpool etc.
It snowed all day Tuesday! I was working but it was really cool to watch the snow fall from my office. The kids couldn't wait to get outside and play in it.
Travis carrying Kailyn inside after a sledding injury. He ended up slipping and falling with her in his arms. She was pretty much done after that. She had already come inside crying two or three times. She did go back out today for awhile and no tears were shed (that I know of).
Allias stayed out longer then anyone. He came in a couple times to stick his clothes in the dryer and drink some hot apple cider. I have to admit I didn't touch the snow and when Allias started throwing snowballs at me I refused to come back outside. I really really hate being cold.
Tyler went out for awhile but decided to come in and take a four hour nap. He and Allias played some hockey today. I was working so I couldn't get any pictures.
Allias trying out the makeshift sled Travis made. He took some plywood and insulated foam board that had some sort of plastic lining. It worked really well. Travis had a rope he attached and was pulling the kids around. I am glad that he likes snow and played with the kids.
Kailyn trying out the sled. We have some videos of the sledding as well but they are on Allias' camera so I will have to post them later.
Molly LOVED the snow. I didn't think she would. She hates being cold too but she was chasing little snow drifts and having a grand old time. Even when it was up to her belly. Maisy didn't seem to care one way or the other. She did like rolling Molly around in it though.
Our back yard. This one is from the early afternoon on Tuesday. I should have taken another one that evening.
And just for fun an adorable picture of Molly in Kailyn's tutu!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

uhh... I hate the snow too... but i have to live in it. We aren't coming back here next year... im thinking Tahiti, or something! haha no really though somewhere hot! i miss you and the kids, oh and travis too. lily is the one that really misses him though. "uncle tavis, uncle tavis!"