Thursday, January 29, 2009

American Idol Auditions Part Six

Is it just me or did they show the audition of every crazy hippie non LDS person in Salt Lake. I kept trying to pick out the Mormons and was having a really hard time. I think I saw a couple in the clips of people who made it through but we didn't get to see their actual audition. Also watching David Archuletta's actual audition again- It was kind of boring. I think when they originally showed him there was some sort of back story with him singing for Kelly Clarkson or something which made it more interesting. Anyway on to the contestants.

David Osmond (son of one of the Osmonds of course)- nice kid nice voice

Frankie (had her baby and husband there with her)- Yeah she was pretty good but she needed a bra and she was a little cocky for me. Frankie Jordan is a good name for a singer though.

Megan (single mom tattooed arm) Very pretty girl and she has a super cute kid. Sad that she is already divorced so young. She had a very original voice. I wasn't surprised that Simon "loved" her.

Austin (senior class president)- those jackets they are wearing are dreadful ACK. I actually really liked his voice. I knew the judges were going to say he was old fashioned. I got the old soul feeling from most of the teenagers at the SLC auditions.

Taylor (very very tall 16)- The judges loved her. I thought it was funny that they called Austin old fashioned but didn't make the same comments about her. I got the same kind of vibe from her as I did from Austin. Both good kids with good heads on their shoulders- focused and all that stuff so they come off as a little older then your average high school student.

Rose (lost her dad at 13 then her mom at 15)- This girl is seriously cute! Tyler is pretty much in love with her. I don't think she would have made it through to Hollywood on just her voice though. But I agree with Simon there is something about her that is very likable. I really hope she does well with the vocal coaches in Hollywood.

The dude that brought his "lucky" rabbit along. I am thinking that if he lost the bunny and the Simon t-shirt he might have actually made it to Hollywood. His voice wasn't terrible and there is a lot of so so talent headed to Hollywood this year.
They said only like 12 or 13 people from SLC made it. That really surprises me. 54 people made it from Kansas City and I am not sure on the other cities but I really figured more people from SLC would have made it through.
Oh I also found out the chick (Joanna) that Kara recognized the other night already recorded a couple albums and has like four of her songs in movie soundtracks. I guess she thinks American Idol could give her the BIG break she has been looking for.

No comments: