Friday, January 30, 2009

American Idol Auditions Part Seven

Finally the last night of auditions! I am sooooo ready for Hollywood week. I couldn't keep track of which contestants were from New York and which were from Puerto Rico and I spent half the show trying to figure out what in the heck was behind the window the judges were sitting in front of. I Finally figured out it was a boat bobbing up and down in the water. I guess I am easily distracted.
New York- At the end of the show I heard them say they let 20 something through from New York and they choose to show us these three. Wow. They better be holding back some serious talent.
Melinda (chick who likes to dance naked)- This lady just annoyed me period. I don't even think I paid that much attention to her singing because she was so annoying.

Jackie- (the set fell down after she sang)- Most of the contestants annoyed me tonight for some reason. This chick was no exception. She sang like someone who has smoked way too many packs of cigarettes or something and her whole conversation with the judges got on my last nerve.

Nick Mitchell (aka Norman Goodness or Gentle or something)- again annoying- I was glad they let him through because even though he was beyond obnoxious he actually could sing. Please oh please don't let this guy make the show though. Vote for the Worst would have a hay day with this guy.

Puerto Rico-
Jorge Nunez- yeah this boy can sing. Let's hope his dancing improves. I laughed so hard when Kara said his pronunciation was messed up when he sang in English and Simon said ummmm we did come to Puerto Rico to find singers with accents. I don't think he likes Kara much.

Monique (came with her little brother)- I think that if little brother would have stayed at home Monique would have been sent home instead of to Hollywood.

Patricia- Her first song was soooooo bad. She was very lucky they let her sing something else. I still didn't think it was good enough. Paula agreed with me.

They flashed through three singers really quickly and I think I might like the guy who sang Jason Mraz- he sounded pretty good. I think his name was Kenny. I will be watching for him in Hollywood.

Oh and the IPod guy was really funny. He totally reminded me of Tyler for some reason. The belt- sunglasses-loudness-throwing himself against walls-screaming random lyrics. He did the Ipod click perfectly. Loved it and loved his reaction to being told no. He was great.

This audition show was almost as bad as San Fransicco and I am soooo ready for Hollywood week and the show to just start already.
Looking back over the last few weeks I have only a few people in mind that I am looking forward to seeing in Hollywood.
Danny- the guy who lost his wife right before the auditions
Leneshe Young- totally adorable girl who was homeless growing up and sang an original song.
Michael Castro- Besides for the fact that I adore Jason there is something about this kid that I really like.
I know once Hollywood week actually gets here there will people that I go oh yeah I liked their audition.
I am excited for some drama too. I want Dennis, all the other beggers and the bikini chick to be GONE and I am going to laugh HARD when they go.
Oh and I just want to add that Ryan really is the BEST host ever.

1 comment:

Kory said...

i am grateful that i have your blog to keep me updated on AI because i haven't been able to sit down and watch it for two weeks. plus, i love your commentary!