Friday, January 23, 2009

you got 30 minutes

Did you know that you can order Pizza for delivery online and then track your order??? It is pretty fantastic. I got online last night at about 10:50 to look up the number to Domino's. I clicked on their webpage and saw a big red button that said ORDER NOW. I was like no way! I clicked on it and in a matter of seconds I had checked out their specials and ordered three medium one topping pizzas. The really cool thing is that once you have ordered another screen pops up and you get a message saying that Jana is preparing your pizzas with the time she started. In my case it was 10:57. Once your pizza has been prepped it lets you know that it is being put in the oven and then it tells you when it is taken out and ready for delivery. It also tells you when James the delivery expert is out the door and on the way to your house- piping hot pizzas in tow. My delivery guy was not named James but he did tell me that he gets called that all the time. I guess the site just uses generic names. Too funny. My pizzas were here by 11:20. I paid online and everything. You can also register on the site and when you place an order you can give it a name like "The Usual" and the next time you log in you can just click on that and you are good to go. Technology amazes me.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is awesome about ordering the pizza online! And I loved the "James" part, the guy delivering the pizza. It's crazy that it snowed so much there! Lee and I wish we could watch American Idol! I'll have to check it out on the internet. Really, I don't like the audition part. I like it when they are in Hollywood singing on stage. Good luck with your New Year's goal! You can totally do it!!!