Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Venting (Obama scares me)

I can't even blog about American Idol right now because President Obama has me so freaked out. Michael Savage called his administration a dictatorship last night and I totally agree. Obama was elected by the media and is their president. I can't even type all the things I am feeling right now. Why on earth has the press not even questioned him about the 825 BILLION dollars he wants to spend to "stimulate" the economy. I don't think he is even allowing them to, he has denied them access on more then one occasion and he gave his first televised interview to the Arab Cable Network. You would think even CNN would be upset about that.
And does he really think that he can just sit down with the Iranians and they are going to listen to him. He must have a bigger ego then I thought. I remember during the election I read this article about the differences between the way Obama and McCain wanted to "talk" to the President of Iran. I am searching for it now. I can't find it but it pretty much had the President of Iran holding a bomb strapped to a little girl and one guy (Obama) goes in with a gun and says he wants to talk and the Iranian says give my your gun first and then I will let her go and we can talk. So Obama hands over the gun and then the Iranian kills the little girl and Obama is shocked that it happened. He just wanted to talk. The second scenario is the same only the guy with the gun (McCain) refuses to give up his gun but he would love to talk after the little girl is set free and the bomb is dismantled.
The stimulus package is a joke. It is just another way to make us completely dependant on the government. I wonder how long it will take the American people to wake up and realize that this man is not going to bring the kind of "change" they were looking for. I wonder if any reporter or news team will take the initiative to ask hard questions and call this guy out for what he is. If you want some great reasons why the stimulus package isn't going to help anyone read this.

Okay here are my opinions on what Obama says the stimulus package will do-
Stabilize the housing market;
The housing market isn't stable because people made a choice to get in over their heads. They bought houses they couldn't afford or weren't responsible enough to hold on to. They knew the risks involved when they took sub prime mortgages. I have one myself. I know that if we don't refinance before the loan expires we will be in big trouble. We were told that from the get go. We probably should have never bought this house. Do I blame the bank for giving me a loan I couldn't afford. No we knew what the risks were and we signed on the dotted line anyway. Do I think that responsible people should pay for mine or anyone else's bad choices? No. Rewarding people for bad choices has never solved anything.

Strengthen the credit markets;
Banks loaned money irresponsibly. Yes it is partially the governments fault for telling them to do so maybe they do deserve some sort of help but again it will be the people who have made good financial choices that will end up having to pay for other's bad choices.

Doubling U.S. capacity to generate energy from renewable sources;
Ummm how is this going to stimulate our economy. This is just something to make the libs happy

Making federal buildings more energy efficient;
I read a blog recently and this is what he had to say about this part of the package "Obama said, 'We’ll save taxpayers $2 billion a year by making 75 percent of federal buildings more energy efficient.' Great — spend $825 billion to save $2 billion a year! At that rate it would only take 413 years to see a profit from our investment. "
HAHAHA I totally agree

Computerizing health care records;
This isn't going to save money otherwise someone would have done it by now. This is just one step closer to socialized health care.

Tax reductions for 95 percent of households;
Well this might work if it was a Republican (or anyone with any common sense) running things. This tax cut will give money to anyone making up to 75,000 dollars a check- even people who didn't earn any money all year. Nothing stated about tax brackets- that money will have to come from somewhere. If a Republican were proposing this they would make sure that it was a tax bracket cut. One that let people keep more of the money that they have EARNED which then in turn would give them more money to spend which would indeed stimulate the economy.
I am really scared right now and I feel kind of ill. What have we done? How far are we going to let it go? We are like those wild pigs in the story. The people want to catch them so they put out corn and start feeding them. Then slowly they build one side of the fence at at time. By the time the pigs are captured they have no idea how it happened.

3 comments:

Lynelle Klein said...

I see we agree on more than American Idol! :)

When people kept being all excited about change, all I could think was "be careful what you wish for". I think that this country will change immensely with him as president, but I doubt most of it will be good.

The stimulus package is killing me. We are already so in debt. And one day this will come do and we will be unable to pay. What happens then? I fear that our days as a "free" country are severly limited.

All the companies that have made bad choices and gotten money from the Government are doing stupid things with the money. Parties and bonuses for the execs. Oh... don't get me started there.

I wrote a note on facebook the day after the election. I'll have to email it to you.

Kristen said...

I like your thinking. The stimulus package makes no sense. Just say that our family is in debt over our head. Would any rational person think the solution is for us to go out and get a couple of credit cards to try and fix the problem? The same is true for our government. We are in dept and the only thing this stimulus package will do is delay the inevitable day of reckoning and make the fall that much harder. Anyway, don't even get me started.

Kory said...

Lisa,
I am so with you. I am really scared about the next 4 years, I can't even put into words. and I work for the government!!!

All we can do is keep paying our tithing, and saying our prayers that our new leaders will make wise choices and hope that Heavenly Father blesses us for being faithful servants.