Thursday, January 22, 2009

American Idol Auditions Part Four

Again I was a little taken aback by the amount of commercials. The show has got to be making a killing in add sales. I was very happy that they didn't have a HUGE buildup to a mediocre story. I think we saw some real talent in Louisville but like in all the previous cities we also saw a lot of so so talent making it through to Hollywood. I guess (hope) it will all add up to a more dramatic Hollywood week. And just because I like to write it down here is my opinion on those who made it through.

Joanna- (been trying to make it in the business since she was sixteen) First of all how in the world did Kara recognize her? I didn't get that at all. It seemed very set up. Second this girl is amazingly beautiful. That being said I am sitting here trying to remember if I liked her voice and I can't remember it. I went back and watched her audition again and she was your typical pop singer. She will probably do okay in Hollywood.

Brent- (the one the judges had a big argument in front of) He had a decent voice. I liked him.

Matt- (dueling piano player) I agree with Kara he was something different. I am all about originality and I think this guy has it. I can't wait to see what the stylist do with him if he makes the show.

Alexis- (young mom- fiancee in military school) She was okay. I liked listening to her sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to her daughter more then her audition. She was a little over the top for me. I couldn't believe Kara told her to go home and make love to her fiancee. That girl trips me out sometimes.

They go through four contestants quickly and let them all through. There was one guy in there that I really liked I am going to have to go back and pause to get his name. Okay they let through a guy named Kris (decent) a girl named Felicia, dark hair- nose ring (super pretty and very pleasant voice- I liked her). The next guy is the one I was looking for. His name is Ryan and he had a very very nice voice. I hope he does well in Hollywood. The last girl in this little group was named Shera and I didn't think she was anything special.

Leneshe- (grew up in homeless shelters) I have to admit that when I heard her story I was like ack I can't stand contestants like this that come in with their little sob story and expect everyone to feel sorry for them. Then when she said she was going to sing an original song I kind of cringed because let's face it the original songs are NEVER good. I can think of only one time in Idols past that I have liked someone that sang an original song and that was Josiah Lemming. The title of her song (Natty) scared me a little bit too, but as soon as she started singing I loved her. The song was actually really good even if it was your typical fell in love with a thug ditty. I agreed with everything Simon said about her. I can see her making it far. She may end up being to ghetto for me in the end but for now I really really like her.

One quick comment about someone who (thank goodness) did not make it. That first chick with the blond hair who's parents thought she was so amazing. I hope I am never one of those parents who are so delusional they give their children false hopes. This may sound kind of bad but I think I would tell my kid that they sucked if they did indeed suck. I also hope that no one ever tells me that I can sing. I know I can't.

2 comments:

Lynelle Klein said...

I need TIIIIVO.

I was at the church last night and missed all the fun.

Lisa and company said...

Yeah I pretty much couldn't live without my dvr. The commercials were annoying me in fast forward.