Thursday, February 12, 2009

Top 36

Well I think I am the most frustrated I have been with American Idol since the season began. They sent home adorable talented super original Leneshe Young and let annoying crazy obnoxious Tatiano Del Torro through. ACK what on earth were they thinking. I bet you that Tatiana will be first pick on Vote for the Worst and in the early stages of the competition they do have some power because less people are voting. I don't think I can take more then one week of watching her live.
Okay so here is my "live" blog. I wrote this down as I was watching.
Von- Not happy with this pick. This kid is so beyond over the top. Maybe they will help him tone it down. We shall see.
Cody and Alex- I actually cried during their sing off. They both seem like such nice kids. I really really wanted Cody to make the show but he choked during the sing off. Plus remember my previous blog- They need a nerdy looking guy who surprises you every time he sings.
Adam- Ummm yeah he is hot but there is something about him that gets on my nerves and I hated that Cher song he sang during Hollywood week.
Tayler- WOW- she got much much better during Hollywood week!!! Go Tayler!
Jasmine- boring or maybe she is just shy. Maybe she will grow on me.
Arienna- even more boring (she is who I was thinking of when I said personality of a chalkboard)
Casey- very pretty girl- love the way she dresses- hope she has a voice to match
Megan- I am looking forward to hearing her sing again. I liked her audition
Misha- blah
Stevie- double blah
Joanna- I was soooooo beyond mad when she made the show. I was yelling lame lame lame. She forgot her lyrics every song. I kept thinking there has to be something going on. First Kara recognizes her at the auditions and then they actually talk about her being a recorded artist and deserving a chance and it just all smelt a little funny to me. Well come to find out she isn't going to be on the show after all. She has been disqualified. Something about her knowing or being friends with a bunch of people at Studio 19 where the show is produced and being a "planted" contestant. They have replaced her with Felicia Barton who I can't even remember.
Kendall- I am not sure how I would take Simon calling me commercial but they got their country girl with Kendall
Another sing off this time between Jen and Kristen- I agreed with the judges that Kristen sang better. I didn't think her outfit was as bad as Simon did but I do think she is somewhat annoying.
Alexis- AMAZING voice. I think she is my favorite girl so far
Scott- great guy seriously overrated but I am glad he made the show
Lil Rounds- even more overrated then Scott. She hurts my ears. I can guarantee she will be one of the first to go and will be the judges wild card pick
Another sing off- Frankie and Jessie. Wow Frankie needs a better bra. I was so worried during this one because I thought they would go for the whole image thing with Frankie. Jessie sang circles around her. I was very happy that they made the right choice and kept Jessie
Alison- WOW!!!! I cannot wait to hear this girl sing again and she is only 16! Crazy mad vocals.
Danny- If they would quit talking about his dead wife I think I would like him better. They are totally setting it up for him to stay and Jamal to go home. LAME. I actually think Jamal is more original and I liked him from his audition.
Ricky- no idea who this guy is.
Matt (dueling piano guy)- I have liked him so far- glad he made it
Ju'not- I have only heard him once and it was decent
Jorge- Another overrated one I think they just wanted some diversity.
Brent- I can't really remember ever hearing him sing- so either he was forgettable or I am forgetful
Stephen- I really like this kid. Glad his screw up during Hollywood week didn't send him packing.
Nick Mitchell aka Normund Gentle- YES YES YES. I don't want him to win but I sooooo hope he sticks around for awhile. He is beyond entertaining!
Jackie- How did I know they were going to let her in the top 36. They always have to have their Janis Joplin sound alike I tell you. She will be gone soon enough.
Tatiana- ACK ACK ACK ACK
Nathanial and Jackie(?) sing off. Nathanial has really annoyed me during Hollywood week but I have a little bit of a softer heart toward him after hearing his back story. He sang amazingly during the sing off and so did the other guy. I now officially hate sing offs.
I totally cracked up at Nathanial's face when Tatiana made the show. Too funny. He is just as dramatic as her though. Okay not quite that dramatic but close. I am sure you can figure out for yourself which category I would put Nathanial in.
Jeanine- Haven't ever heard her but she is a cute girl
Kai- didn't like his audition but I am curious to see what he will bring to the show
Ann Marie- She is forgettable
Kris- YES YES YES- He is my favorite boy right now
And the last sing off- Matt and Michael- I had a feeling they were going to let them both through. I told you they need a couple of "older" married guys- honestly they are both adorable and both great singers. Highly unlikely either will win. Michael is so stinkin' sweet and soooo polite. I am glad they made it.
Where the heck is Anoop? I was about to freak out and then they finally showed a clip of him at the end. Phew he made it!
Let the competition begin!!!!!

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I CAN NOT STAND TATIANA. The only reason she is still on is because she bring drama. Seriously, she has to be the most annoying person on TV I have ever seen!!!! I told Daniel the minute they called up the last two that they were both going through! Fun to see your opinions.