Thursday, February 26, 2009

Group Two

Okay a few things right off the bat. If I hear Kara call someone a package artist or commercial one more time I am going to punch something. She is soooo annoying. I also really don't like having four judges. It is too much and it doesn't really bring anything to the show- if anything it just slows things down.

Looking at group two before anyone sings I think they have more overall talent then group one had. A couple people in this group I have never seen until now and with this new way of choosing the top 12 I think audition/hollywood week exposure makes a much bigger difference. Anyway on to the performances. For some reason my editing keys are gone and I can't change color font size- even my spell check is different. Bummer.

Jasmine- Yeah I want to punch Kara. No this girl didn't do well at all. I do give her some props for trying to make the song original but it was way too low for her.

Matt (dueling piano)- I loved him during Hollywood week and he has a great voice but I hate Coldplay and he kept his eyes closed the whole time which was totally annoying and his voice sounds very shaky like he is super nervous.

Jeanine- She is one that got no exposure in Hollywood. Dang she has nice legs. Dang listening to her sing is painful. Way way over sung. (dang the judges agree with me)

Normund Gentle/Nick- OH MY GOSH I love love love this kid!! I actually want him to make the top 12. He is so so so so entertaining!! If he doesn't make the top 12 I hope he at least gets a job out of this. He is amazing to me. (just checked he is vote for the worsts pick)

Allison- Seems much older then 16. I totally thought the judges were going to tell her she needed to sound younger more hip but no they loved her. I thought she was a little loud and screechy but I still like her.

Kris- Another one with very little Hollywood exposure. The few little clips I saw of him in Hollywood were really good. I was totally freaked out when he said he was going to be singing Michael Jackson- didn't he listen to the judges last week?
I was actually pleasantly surprised. He didn't try to sing it like Michael Jackson and made it his own. I like him- a lot.

Megan- She has an original voice but her performance is a little corny and the tattoo doesn't really match her personality or something so it is throwing me off. Parts of this are okay. I imagine the judges are going to love her. Call her commercial and the whole package and all that. Well three out of four. Simon kept it real thank goodness.

Matt (the welder)- He really has an amazing voice but he isn't "commercial" or "a package artist". I do have a hard time imagining him doing anything other then singing in bars or small clubs but I thought he sounded fantastic. I totally disagree with everything the judges said.

Jesse- Very original- interesting voice- I agree with Paula about the phrasing I loved it. What the heck is Randy talking about?? I mean seriously how many notes did that song Megan sing have? He is on crack.

Kai- super corny boring performance- I never really liked him anyway

Misha- I think she is my favorite girl from this group. I thought she sounded really good and she is super cute. Travis thinks she looks like a cat. I can see that a little I guess.

Adam- Way way way dramatic. I just can't take Adam seriously after watching this



I mean he can sing but I didn't think he was a good as the judges did. I may change my mind about him still. I am sure he will make the top 12- if he could tone it down just a tiny tiny tiny bit and leave a little of the Broadway antics in Broadway he may grow on me.


I voted for Kris and Misha. But I think Adam and Megan and Allison will make the top 12.

No comments: