Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo

"Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment Would you capture it or just let it slip?'- Eminem (Lose Yourself)

I am pretty sure most of the contestants in group one let it slip. I also think that although the show may not be rigged the producers definitely have some ideas about who they want in the top twelve and make sure they get plenty of air time during Hollywood week and then let them sing last and encourage the judges to go ga ga over something that was mediocre at best. Anyway here is my rundown of the night.

Smoker Chick- Goodbye
Ricky Braddy- I didn't agree with Simon at all about the whole star quality thing. I think this guy has it. Paula hit my air time thing right on the head- and cool another contestant from NC.
Someone needs to tell Kara to move her mouth away from the mic a little bit. ACK
Alexis Grace- wowsers this girl can sing.
Brent Keith- not a fan
Stevie- blah- she sounded and looked really really nervous and her voice totally clashed with the backup singers. That seems to happen a lot
Anoop- So funny to hear these R&B songs coming out of his mouth. It was decent but not fantastic but he for sure can sing
Casey- so stinkin cute but wow that was unbearably painful. Travis called it bad karaoke before Randy did. Her facial expressions are really horrendous. She pretty much sucked.
Michael- Bo Bice sang it way better- he is making weird faces too. I hate it when they do that.
Ann Marie- started off really really bad- had some good parts but was like watching paint dry.
Stephen- Why oh why do people try and sing Michael (especially this song) or Prince or Freddie Mercury- the judges say it over and over and over again and yet for whatever reason people still think they can tackle these songs. Yeah that wasn't good
Tatiana- .....or Whitney. I tried very very hard to pretend she wasn't Tatiana and just judge her on her voice but it was impossible and the calm Tatiana is even more annoying then the obnoxious one.
Danny- He didn't blow me away and they have over milked the dead wife story so much that I am about to puke. No offense to him or his dearly departed but I just can't take it anymore. When David Cook was on the show his brother was dying of cancer and he never once talked about it. NOT ONCE. Ryan even tried to fish it out of him one night when his brother got to be in the audience and David didn't bite. People had to dig to find out why he had the initials AC on his guitar. Paula and Kara need to sit down. Goodness. Thank you Simon for bringing every one back to reality.
Travis said the two words Paula really needed to say were CRACK-SMOKE
I hardly ever vote before the Top 12 but I have decided I am sick of not having a say in who my top twelve are going to be so I voted.
My picks- Alexis and Ricky but I voted for Anoop too. I imagine vote for the worst will pick smoker chick (just checked and I am wrong they chose Tatiana- lovely) and that Danny will make it through no matter what.
A little side note about vote for the worst; with this new way of picking the top twelve they will now have the chance to try and push three bad contestants into the top 12- not sure I am happy about that.
Also I think the second and third groups are at an advantage- they got to see how bad the first group was and know what songs not to touch. I imagine they will touch them anyway.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I pretty much agree with everything you said. I really wanted Brent Keith and Stephen to do better than they did. Most of the girls were really, really bad. And truly the funniest moment had to be Paula saying, "I have two words with a hyphen for you." What in the heck? That was too hilarious. I'm with Travis that she picked the wrong hyphenated words. :) Can't wait to see more!!!

maren bosley said...

I almost totally agree but I absolutely love Danny's voice. And I don't think he's milking the thing about his wife's passing--I think the show is doing that. Regardless, I LOVE the sound of his voice and I think he picks good songs to show it off. And he looks just like Robert Downey Jr. which I don't think is a bad thing :)

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Okay, so I am totally confused. I have been watching bits of Idol, but not the "whole" show. SO, are they doing four rounds to get the top 12? Do they always do this? But I am also confused because they have the top 36...but that is only 3 sets of 12....and if they are taking only three from each, that would only be the top 9. Can you help me out?

ALC Wedding Photography said...

i just love your blog!