Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Football?

So like I said on Sunday I taught primary at the last minute and I actually thought the lesson went really really well. I love teaching at the last minute because you totally have to rely on the spirit and you don't over analyze what your are going to say. During the lesson I could tell the kids were really thinking about what I was saying and they were totally participating so I was feeling pretty good about myself. After church was over my good friend Denise (who also happens to be the Primary President and the one who asked me to teach at the last minute) and I were walking out to our cars and she asks me how it went. I go on to tell her how amazing it was and how well the kids paid attention and how much I thought they got out of it blah blah blah. To prove to her just how great it was I say to Kailyn "tell Sister Rentz what we learned about in Primary today". Honestly I was totally expecting her to elaborate on Joseph Smith and all the things he had to go through and how he made sure to keep the plates safe when she yells at the top of her lungs "FOOTBALL!"

2 comments:

Elaina E. Bruhn said...

Hahaha, that is hilarious, kids these days!

Anonymous said...

HA!!! You can always count on the kids to catch the EXACT meaning of your lesson!