Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hollywood week part one

One down one to go. Good riddance Dennis.

If bikini girl makes the show I really do think I will throw up. I tried to close my eyes and pretend it was someone else singing just in case it was just me being insecure but the girl can't sing. She also isn't even that pretty. I do like her hair darker and she has great legs but that's about it. She isn't even entertaining.

I definitely think the judges have some favorites that they are letting through one more round. In some cases this is good because it gives them another chance to prove they deserve to be there but in other cases it just puts off what should be coming anyway.
I still can't stand the smoker voice chick. Travis says she sounds like Janis Joplin. I am sorry but there can be only one Janis, plus she just annoys me period. The other person that I can't stand is Lil Rounds. She sounded like she was screaming that song. It hurt my ears. I about fell out of my chair when Kara and Paula gave her a standing O. WHAT? The judges constantly talk to people about being over the top. That was sooooo over the top. I have a feeling she will be on the show and I am not happy about that. I can totally see her being voted off early and then the judges bringing her back as a wild card. I also can't believe they let Von Smith through. He was screaming his song and he is beyond painful to watch. Again I closed my eyes to see if it would help. It didn't.

I saw Jason Castro's kid brother in one of the groups that made it through to the next round so that made me happy and there are two guys who's auditions they didn't show but I am going to be watching now. Stephen Fowler (big fro) is one. I remember seeing him run out with his golden ticket but never heard him sing. He is really good!!! The other guy is way hot but they didn't actually let us hear him sing. We only got Randy saying he could be a star. His name is Adam. I so want to hear him sing now.
I thought the oil rig guys sounded much better in Hollywood then he did during his audition but he is kind of boring and Danny the music teacher is getting on my nerves for some reason. I am sure it isn't his fault that the producers are over milking his sob story but it is still grating on me. Travis was bummed out that they didn't show Megan (super cute single mom-tattooed arm). I am sure she made it through and we will see her tonight during groups. We also didn't get to see Leneshe Young (sang an adorable original song at her audition) but I have no doubt she also made the first round of cuts.

Oh and can I just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Norman Gentle. Oh my gosh I was laughing my butt off. They need to keep this guy around for comic relief. Randy called him a banoodles kind of guy. I can see the signs and t-shirts now. I would totally wear a Banoodles shirt. I also agreed with Randy that he can indeed sing and I love how amazed and almost humbled he looks every time they let him through!!! At first I didn't want him to make the show but now I totally do.

I have to say I love group night because of all the drama. I missed it last year. Can't wait for tonight!!!!

1 comment:

Marianne & Clayton said...

Ooh- I also really hate the smoker voice chick. Can she belt? Maybe, but who cares? When would anyone ever pay to hear what comes out of her mouth? People always bring up the Janis bit, but when you get down to it, who owns a Janis Joplin record either? Sure I can respect what she did (musically) but I don't know one person old or young who is an actual fan. Boring.