Thursday, April 30, 2009

Decisions and Changes

I lost my job. I haven't really looked for a new one. I don't think I am going to.

Our budget is going to have to get A LOT tighter.

Bradley, Brittney and Lily came to stay with us. Lily is a genius baby. No seriously she is.

I am going to start homeschooling Kailyn in the fall. She is the most excited I have seen her in a looooong time.

I backed into Brad and Brittney's car in my driveway. (6th time I have backed into a stationary object in a driveway- well 5th- one time it was a moving object- Travis was actually backing out behind me and I just backed right into him).

Travis amazes me with how hard he works and the example he is to everyone around him.

Tyler is applying for Tarheel Challenge- it is a program through the National Guard. If he gets accepted he will live there from July through December.

We only have one more car payment!!!!!!!

Kailyn is really surprising us on the soccer field.

I started drinking caffeine again. It had been over a year. I know I know.

Allias is getting braces. The Orthodontist said he is very lucky we brought him in because his cross bite is so bad that he would end up with permanent jaw problems as an adult if we hadn't. He also has several other "issues" the braces are going to correct.

I have been cooking my kids a real breakfast every morning.

I gained ten pounds. (not because of the breakfast- I don't really eat what I cook them) I hate looking and feeling like this. I started jogging. It hurts. Bad.

The next time I blog it will be my 100th post. Hmmmmm the biggest decision of all. What to write??? Ahhhhh the pressure!!!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I love all your posts. :)

The Johansen Family said...

Hi Lisa ~ So sorry to hear about your job loss, but remember Romans 8:28 "All things work together for good them that love the Lord, for those who are the called according to his purpose." Congrats on homeschooling in the fall! My kids love staying home with me as I'm sure your daughter will!:)

nelsonjeneen said...

I miss you guys! I wish I could have been there to see you back into Brad and Britt's car. lol. I know it isn't funny but that sounds so like me.
Jilly

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Thanks for the update. Congrats on one more car payment! I am so excited when our one more student loan payment will come up this November! YEAH!