Monday, April 27, 2009

Some like it Hot

Wowsers the past couple of days have been TOASTY!!! Over 90 degrees each day.
On Saturday Brittney and I took Kailyn, Tyler and Lily to the strawberry festival and sometimes I seriously wonder why I try to go on "outings". It was BLAZING hot and wayyyy over crowded not to mention that I spent 20 dollars in less then two hours. We spent most of our time maneuvering through the crowd and trying to find Tyler to go home (he had permission to be off on his own). After we left we realized we hadn't eaten a single Strawberry! Oh and we FORGOT the stroller!
The girls did get to see Strawberry Shortcake, eat ice cream and jump.

I took this picture as we were walking into the festival. If you look in the top left hand corner you can see Tyler (greenish shirt/black pants) walking away. It was pretty much the last I saw of him until we left to go home. He found a group of kids from school that were way cooler then us to hang out with.


Kailyn had a soccer game that afternoon and she did sooooo good. She almost made a goal and she had an assist! She also played awesome defense and HUSTLED the whole game right up until the end even though it was incredibly insanely horribly hot outside. The last few minutes of the game pretty much everyone on the field was walking but Kailyn and one other boy were still running after the ball. I was really proud of her!

Sunday evening we all went to the park. We grilled hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner and the kids (big kids too) played.


Here are Kailyn and Brittney getting ready to head out the door. I gave Brittney this shirt and it looks soooo stinkin' cute on her!
The menfolk.








It had cooled down very nicely and really was a perfect evening! We ended up staying there until it got dark and we were all dragging a little bit this morning. Well I was anyway.
I don't know what it is but EVERY TIME we go to the park we end up with little children who's parents aren't watching them hovering around us. Last time a little boy followed us everywhere we went and kept jumping on my dog. Maisy was seriously about to bite the kid. His other option would have been for me to strangle him. I am not even kidding when I say someone could have taken him home and his parents would have never noticed. It took us for-ev-er to even find out who they were and honestly they were all cuddled up together with their backs turned on the playground the ENTIRE time.
This little girl kept asking us for food.

She came back several times asking if the food was done yet. Later she fell off the playground equipment and was holding her arm bawling for at least ten minutes before her dad came wandering over from the soccer field to see what was the matter with her. I am pretty sure the only reason why he came to check on her is because she was surrounded by other parents and kids trying to help.
It is so much fun having Bradley, Brittney and Lily here! We have missed having family close soooo much.
*I know several of these pics are blurry but I loved them anyway

1 comment:

Brittney said...

We love having you around too!!!