Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hi 5

I am still confused about the theme. What exactly is "Rat Pack"?
I am also so very sad that because of the addition of Kara (whom I hate) we only get one song per contestant when in ALL other seasons we got two at this point. Why do we need a fourth judge again?

Last night was full of Paula using words I swear she had to have on note cards in front of her and they still didn't make her sound intelligent, Kara enjoying all things sleazy and Simon disagreeing with all the other judges just for the sake of disagreeing. Add that to Danny sounding like he wanted to throttle someone during a "love" song and it really wasn't that enjoyable of a show.
I heard Taylor Hicks is going to perform on tonight's result show. Next year they should have him and Danny do a duet.

Things I liked; Jamie Foxx as a mentor. He seemed to actually have real advise to give even if I liked Matt's song better in the higher octave. I also loved loved loved Alison's hair, she didn't look like a troll doll for the first time this season. But my favorite thing about Idol last night- that made me jump up and down and scream like a 12 year old David Archuletta fan was the commercial announcing that So You Think You Can Dance starts May 21st!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom three will be Kris, Alison and Matt with Matt going home.
I voted for the Cocker Spaniel.

I am excited for next week's rock week theme with Slash from Guns N Roses! Too bad they aren't just doing G N R songs now that would be UH MAZING!!!!

2 comments:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I think the Rat Pack was a group of people like Frank Sinatra...okay I just googled it and here is one thing:
The Rat Pack was a group of popular entertainers originally centered on Humphrey Bogart. In the mid-1960s it was the name used by the press and the general public to refer to a group that called itself "the summit" or "the clan," featuring Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis, Jr., Peter Lawford and Joey Bishop, who appeared together on stage and in films in the early-1960s, including the movie Ocean's Eleven.[1] Despite its reputation as a masculine group, the Rat Pack did have female participants, including movie icons Shirley MacLaine, Lauren Bacall, Angie Dickinson, Marilyn Monroe, and Judy Garland.

So, I think the songs they sang last night reflect the types of songs the guys in the Rat Pack sang.

Anyway...love your comments!!! And sometime soon, hopefully, I will put up a menu of mine.

TheLittleDavisFamily said...

I was very excited about the So You Think You Can Dance announcement too. I have to rewind to catch the date!!