Saturday, April 25, 2009

In Honor of the Creator

I just read an Earth Day blog that was seriously perfect in every way. It is the blog of a friend of a friend but man is she brilliant! I went ahead and copied and pasted the whole thing here but if you click on the title it will bring you directly to the post. I am seriously going to have a t-shirt made with the line "Worship the Creator not the created."


In Honor of the CREATOR! (by Maren's friend Carrie)
Is today Earth Day? I crossed it out of my calendar and another made up holiday...but I will let you guess which one. My son and I were in the garden yesterday talking about the earth and our responsibility to take care of it and all the creatures on it. He started in with mind-numbing talking points about the earth "being our friend" and "taking care of us". What the what?!? I was done. It is seriously like a religion with super orthodox followers. It is one of two religions you can be zealous about and still be PC. I am so over EVERY cartoon/show on Disney doing the "green thing". We recycle. We try not to waste. We use earth-friendly products in our yard. I even tried the awful eco-friendly dish washing soap from Costco. We don't litter.So, I had to tell my sweet little boy that the earth is awesome (with a little A). I explained to him how God made these things for us...and for us to take care of. We worship the CREATOR not the created.Whenever I see something in nature that just takes my breath away, like the lightning last night, I say a prayer of gratitude to Him. And I do that every day, not just on some made up holiday. Don't hug a tree...say a prayer and help your neighbor.

2 comments:

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Yes, that was totally perfect!

Kristen said...

LOVE it. That is the best tag line I've heard in a while. Thanks for sharing!