Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And then there were nine

I actually always look forward to weeks where they have to choose popular songs and try to make them sound original. To me it is the week where the stars stand out from the Karaoke singers. Someone asked me recently if I type this while I am watching. The answer to that is no. I write down my thoughts on a piece of paper while each contestant is singing and then type it up the next day.
So here are my semi-live opinions
Anoop looks so angry! It is hard for me to focus on his vocals when he looks like he wants to punch someone. Isn't this supposed to be a love song or something.
Megan is singing one of my favorite songs but she is all over the place with it. Honestly I think Megan could do well outside of American Idol. I don't think this competition is quite right for her. I agree with the judges that she should have sang something by Adelle and even though Paula is barely audible tonight I get what she is saying about the stool. Vote for the Worst is pretty scared this week. They are pushing hard to get people to vote for Megan. I don't know how much it is going to help.
Here is Bob Marley and Lauryn Hill singing Turn the Lights Down Low for those of you who don't know how GREAT this song really is.


I just saw a sign in the audience that said GO GO GOKEY. hahahahaha!!! Now that cracks me up. Danny just bores me to tears when he sings. It reminds me of good karaoke or something. He isn't making the song sound fresh or new or anything. I always want to hear the words cruise ship or wedding singer from Simon in regards to Danny but he keeps disappointing me. After the judges gave their critique I was like maybe I am being to hard on the guy so I rewound and I tried really really hard to feel all this emotion they were talking about. I am just not feeling it. At all. If this guy wins I may throw up.
I LOVE Allison's hair and her outfit. She looks wayyy cute. She totally made the song sound new and original at the beginning in the soft parts and I really liked it but then she started shouting it and it all kind of fell apart. I am not really feeling the guitar either. It makes her seem kind of awkward or something. I can't believe the judges are ripping on her outfit! What the heck?
Scott has new hair and it looks kind of like something out of a bad horror flick. This is one of his better vocals, maybe his best. He must be listening to his vocal coaches. It was probably good enough to keep him around another week.
Matt sounds wayyyy rough to me tonight. Almost like he is losing his voice or something. Not good after being in the bottom three last week. I am not ready for him to go home yet.
Lil Rounds looks nice and I like her hair. Her vocals sound totally off to me. This is probably the WORST I have ever heard her sing. It is boring in parts and then over the top in parts. Just a mess all around. She is lucky there are others who sound just as bad. I am totally shocked that the judges even slightly liked it. It was a train wreck to me. Her daughter is way stinkin cute though and awwww Lil is crying. I bet she will get some votes just because of that.
Adam is a RIOT!! I am getting a whole Steven Tyler from Aerosmith vibe from Adam tonight. Oh and Paula agrees. I sooo need to be a judge on this show.
WOW Kris can play the piano too- love it! Love this kid and his Mad Crazy vocals! That seriously was the best of the night for me- well besides for that weird face he made at the end. He is very very good. Glad Kara used her fingers to help her count this time. Goodness.

Paula really seemed out of it tonight, even more then usual, I honestly didn't understand a word she said and she looks like she got a nose job or something. She was so incoherent that I stopped trying to make sense of what she was bumbling on about.
I predict Anoop, Megan and Matt =C will be in the bottom three with Megan going home.
According to Dial Idol it is going to be very very close.
DAVID COOK is going to be on the results show tonight!!!!! I am soooo excited.

I voted for Kris and Matt with several accidental votes for Adam because I got his and Kris' numbers messed up. Thank goodness I actually like Adam otherwise I would have kicked myself for voting for someone I hate. I really don't like most of the top ten this year. Usually by the time it gets to top ten I am like oooo I don't want anyone to go home, this year I am like ack I don't want to hear this person sing ever again. I love Kris. Adam is crazy and really does have some pretty insane vocal skills- plus I can't wait to see what he will come up with next. I think Matt has talent and I want him to stick around. Allison is decent but honestly I could care less about the rest. If I were to put the contestants in order from best to worst my list would look like this.
1. Kris 2. Adam 3. Matt 4. Allison 5. Megan 6. Anoop 7. Scott 8. Lil Rounds 9. Danny

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

It will be interesting to see what goes on tonight. I missed Anoop's and Megan's performances last night. It was fun reading your commentary!