Monday, July 6, 2009

3rd of July

Keeping to tradition we headed to Lake Benson to listen to the NC Symphony and watch the Fireworks on the 3rd of July. The kids and I got to the park when the gates opened at five. We spread out our blankets and a few chairs. Travis, Brad, Brittney and Lily were going to meet us- along with the Rentz, Juarez and Satterwhite families. A couple of the girls from the Garner ward came over to talk to me and decided to move over near us along with their families and several of their friends. Denise and I talked a few times while I was waiting and she informed me that the Sobas and Christisen families were on their way and would be joining us, then I got a text message from my friend Dianna saying she and her family and Kory and her daughters CJ and Rylee were coming too. I had set up a small perimeter of flip flops, blankets, chair bags, fans and whatever else I could think of but at this point I decided I needed to make it much larger. On the way into the park Dianna ran into the Judds and the Howells and so they came along and then the Antleys and Evans also happened upon us. It was really fantastic. There were about 75 of us by the time it was all said and done. I wish I would have thought to get a group picture. Love my ward family!!!!
Here we are enjoying our picnic dinner- this was right before the masses arrived.
By the time everyone was there you really couldn't see the grass.
This is the only picture we got of Tyler he covered up his face every time he saw the camera.

Kailyn and Lily reading together

and playing balland dancing

Allias and a group 8th/9th graders playing cards (you can't really see him in this picture but I promise he is there)

My BFF Denise and I!
Travis and I took turns holding baby Rylee.
Allias and his friends Aleesa and Aleesha
Cutie K
Brittney and Lily! There is a huge group of girls between 8 and 12 in our ward.
They are named Kayla, Kailyn, Camden, Carly, Katie, Kelly, Cassidy, Kaylee, Katie, Courtney, Ashley, Lexi, Audrey, Emily, Erin and Megan.
This is Kailyn and Kaylee.
Can't have the 3rd of July at Lake Benson without GLOW STICKS!


Lily LOVED the fireworks!
And she kept the teenagers totally entertained!
Love this picture of her watching the show!

No comments: