Saturday, July 4, 2009

Girl Trip Day Five


We meant to get up bright and early and head back to Seaworld and possibly Aquatica. The hotel room was so dark in the morning it was easy to sleep in and we didn't get up until after nine. We rushed to get ready and over to Seaworld to watch the Shamu show Believe. It was soooooo hot but the show was pretty good. It just made me a little sad that those humongous creatures who normally migrate thousands of miles in the wild live in such a small environment but I am sure they are well taken care of. We also went through the Artic exhibit and saw the Beluga Whales, Polar Bears and Walruses.
After we left Seaworld we got a quick lunch and headed to Animal Kingdom.
We grabbed fast passes for Exhibition Everest and then headed toward the Lion King Show. A good friend of my mom's that she hasn't seen in many years met us there and spent the rest of the day with us. While we were waiting for the show to start Kailyn got to dance with Pocahontas. I think my sister n law Brittney made a much better Pocahontas but it was still cool for K.
After the show we were heading back to use our fast passes when a lady in a motorized wheelchair ran my moms heel over and sliced it right open. I really thought it needed stitches but my mom didn't want to leave so she did her own version of first aid and we headed to the ride. The wait time was pretty short so we decided to save our fast passes and just go through the line. I was totally shocked that my mom agreed to ride it. She HATES rides! I took a ton of pictures in the Yeti museum for my step dad Paul because he is wayyyyy involved with Bigfoot research. My mom and Lisa (her friend) did some shopping for Yeti memorabilia while Kailyn and I used the fast passes to ride again. After we got off I was surprised that I felt a little dizzy and nauseous. Two years ago I rode that ride five times in a row and felt fine. Kailyn wanted to ride it one more time and we had one more fast pass so off she went. That makes 8 times for her! We rode the river raft ride and then went on the Safari. I forgot that the last Safari of the day is one to avoid because all of the animals are heading back to the barns to be fed but we saw a few cool things.



I think my mom really enjoyed animal kingdom just for the scenery.

After we left the park we ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe. Very cool place but my camera battery died right as we got there. I was still feeling a little ill so I didn't eat much but the atmosphere was very cool. The bathroom was one of my favorite parts. The door said Queen of the Jungle and the entire bathroom was painted with a jungle mural.

Back at the hotel we changed and went down to the pool. Kailyn met a girl from Texas named Jessica and they swam together until midnight. My mom and I ended up staying up until three or four in the morning talking and exchanging massages. I think we stayed up so late every night because we wanted to spend as much time as possible together. It still wasn't enough.

No comments: