Saturday, July 4, 2009

Girl Trip Day Two

Kailyn and I woke up kind of melancholy since my mom was still stuck in Utah. We were totally bummed to be losing a whole day to spend time with her especially since it was supposed to be her free day. We ate cold pizza for breakfast and then headed down to the pool. They had a cute little slide, two pools and a hottub. There were also hammocks down by the lake. We thought we were going to be able to swim in the lake but it was closed. After we were done at the pool we decided to head over to the mall to use the free wifi at Panera Bread and get some dinner. The mall was about 30 minutes from our hotel. We got there and I realized I had left my wallet in the bag I had taken down to the pool. I had $1.89 in my purse so Kailyn and I shared a coke at Chick-fil-A and headed back to the hotel. My mom arrived around 5 PM and we were soooooo excited to see her. We got her stuff situated and ate dinner together at a little cafe in the hotel (we ended up eating most of our meals there). We decided to head to Seaworld to buy our tickets and wander around a little bit. As soon as we got inside the park a huge thunderstorm hit and we got soaking wet but we loved it. We had the whole park to ourselves for about an hour. We had stashed our purses and cameras in a locker so they wouldn't get wet but I wish I had a few pictures of the sharks. The exhibit was pretty intense.
We got some late night food at Wendy's and then headed back to the hotel. We stayed up late into the night talking and planning. I didn't get much sleep anyway because Kailyn slept sideways and kept kicking me off the bed. I really should have put her on the pull out couch!

No comments: