Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We didn't get home Friday night until around midnight and then had to be back up bright and early to put out flags for boy scouts and head over to the Whitleys for the 4th of July breakfast.
Here is Kailyn heading down to the festivities. She was still sleepy but totally adorable!
We had a lot of fun!!!
Tyler got in on a little badmitton!
We hung out with all of our great friends!

Brother Rentz made a water balloon launcher and the kids shot if off over and over again.
Then they just started throwing water balloons at each other. Eventually they just sprayed each other down with the hose. Here is Marcus Juarez looking for a victim.
I always get a little choked up during the flag ceremony.
The Scouts singing The Star Spangled Banner
the audience- I think I might be the only one not dressed in patriotic colors- I wore those Friday night.
Tyler looking innocent. LOL
Kailyn looking wayyy tooo pretty!
Kailyn ended up in the pool with Camden and Kaylee and then spent the night. Allias went to Brad and Brittney's to babysit Lily and so Travis, Tyler and I bought steaks and went to the Campos' to grill and hangout. We always have such a great time with them. They are seriously like family. Maria calls me her sister from another mister! Love that girl!!!! I keep forgetting to take pictures when we hang out though!
Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful 4th. I am so grateful to those who put their life on the line everyday to ensure all the amazing freedoms we have in this country.
I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who inspired the founding fathers of this country.
We sang My Country 'Tis of Thee on Sunday in church and the last line of the song really touched me. "Our fathers' God, to thee, author of liberty, to thee we sing; long may our land be bright with freedom's holy light; protect us by thy might, great God, our King."
Heavenly Father is the author of our liberty- in so many ways- and freedom is holy. It is my prayer that this land will long be protected and upheld by the hand of God and that the people and government of this country will turn back to Him and realize that only He can provide true freedom. There are sooooo many freedoms to be grateful for. This video mentions a few but the list could go on and on.

No comments: