Saturday, July 4, 2009

Girl Trip Day Six

Whether it was because my mom and I had stayed up so late the night before or because we had been going non stop for days or because none of us wanted to go home we had a hard time dragging ourselves out of bed Monday morning. We took our time packing up our things and then had breakfast around 11.

We all hung around outside the hotel waiting for grandma's shuttle to the airport and then said our teary goodbyes. We had such a great time and are soooo grateful to my mom for all the fun we had.
On the way home Kailyn and I decided to make one more trip to Sea World before we left. She really wanted to ride the roller coasters they have there. I would have never guessed she would be such a roller coaster junky. We waited in line for 90 minutes to ride the Manta. While you are waiting you go underground and wander through different air conditioned aquariums. It was pretty cool and the ride was fantastic.

This picture is when you go up but you spend most of your time looking down at the ground with your hands and feet dangling.

Then we went on the Kracken. The wait wasn't nearly as cool (temperature or otherwise) and by the second loop I knew I was in trouble. I have never felt so sick after riding a roller coaster in my life. (I found out later this thing goes 65 miles per hour. I also can't even watch this ride on YouTube without feeling dizzy. I guess I am getting old.)
I felt like someone had held onto my brain and shook it up- I was totally dizzy and weak. Honestly I barely made it to the car and then I put my seat back and closed my eyes for about 45 minutes before I felt like I could drive anywhere. Kailyn was hungry so we stopped at Chik-fil-A and I laid my head down on the table for another hour before I felt well enough to drive home. I am sure the other people in the restaurant thought I was hungover or on drugs or something.
We ended up not leaving Florida until after 5 PM. Around 1:15 in the morning I started to feel like I was too tired to drive the rest of the way home. Allias called to check on me just as I was contemplating getting a hotel for the night and talked to me the rest of the way home. My mom called me at about 3:15 and she and I were both a mile from our houses. We got home at the exact same time.
I miss my mom a lot. I am so glad she and I are very best friends and I can't wait to see her again. I also loved having a girls only trip. It was a blast!!!!

1 comment:

Marianne & Clayton said...

What a fun trip! It was like taking a mini vacation just reading about it. And it is so fun to see pictures of your mom, she hasn't aged a day it seems! Also, I think I've said this before, but it bears repeating. Your daughter is such a beauty!