Saturday, July 4, 2009

Girl Trip Day One

My mom called me a few months ago to tell me she would be in Florida for a Pediatric Nursing Convention at the end of June. She asked me if I would be willing to drive down there and see her. I love road trips and haven't seen her for a year so I was totally willing and totally excited. We decided we wanted it to be a girls only trip and we were all really looking forward to some quality girly time. My mom is such an amazing person and I am sooooo lucky to have her. She paid for everything- gas, food, attractions. The only thing I had to do was show up. My brothers and step-dad pitched in too and the trip really was soooo memorable and Kailyn and I are sooooo grateful! Kailyn and I got on the road around 11am and had a totally uneventful ride down. I listened to Eragon on CD and she watched High School Musical 3 and Prince Caspian. We stopped often and just took our time getting down there. When we were almost there I got a call from my mom saying her plane was broke down and she didn't know if she would make it to Florida that night. I was very sad but still hoped they would get her there late that night or early the next morning. Kailyn and I checked into the hotel and waited to hear something. My mom finally called and said that she had only gotten as far as Salt Lake and that the only flight they had available was the following day in the late morning which would put her arrival time at around 4:30 PM. It was a pretty depressing night but Kailyn and I tried to make the best of it. We wandered around the hotel and then decided to go out for Chinese food. I found a restaurant on my GPS and called them to make sure they were open then we headed out. 20 minutes later we were in a gated community of mansions with no Chinese place in sight!! We laughed and headed back toward the hotel. We saw a Papa John's on the way and ordered a pizza that we ate in the car. Back at the hotel we fell asleep wishing Grandma Becky was with us.

(One side of our beautiful room)

(Lake Buena Vista- the view from our deck)

(Mickey Mouse shaped pool- also a view from our deck)

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

WOW!!! What an amazing trip! I am so glad you got to go! It makes me excited to do a trip in several years with my girls. It was great to see you today!