Saturday, July 4, 2009

Girl Trip Day Four

Even though we had stayed up until four in the morning I got up at seven so I could leave for the beach. Kailyn was lucky she got to sleep during the two hour drive. I didn't mind it too much because I was soooo excited to see my friend Lynelle. We had gotten back in touch after many years and she is living in Florida now so we decided to hang out at the beach together while my mom was in class on Saturday. She has a daughter about a year older then Kailyn and they had a great time together. Shayna wanted Kailyn to come home with her and Kailyn kept saying she wished we lived closer.

After we got back from the beach we were almost too tired to go anywhere but we really wanted to take advantage of our SeaWorld passes so we headed back out. I am soooo glad we did we had the BEST time.

We watched a super cute and totally hilarious walrus and sea lion show.

Kailyn LOVED it!


Kailyn also got to pet/play with a dolphin named AJax. The dolphins were all swimming around and not really letting anyone touch them. My mom and Kailyn were way down at the shallow end of the pool relaxing and just watching when a dolphin came right up out of the water in front of them. He was making the cutest noises and rubbing up against them. They were able to pet him for three or four minutes before the small crowd noticed he was over there and rushed down to try and touch him too. At that point he headed back into the water. Kailyn couldn't stop talking about it and ended up using her spending money on a dolphin webkinz- of course she named him AJax. I didn't get any pictures of her with the dolphin because I was too far away and I didn't want to disturb the moment by trying to get closer but I know she will always remember it.

We saw lots of mommies and babies- dolphins and seals and manatees. Can you believe the baby manatee in this picture is four years old? They don't reach maturity until they are about 18 and live around 65 years. The baby was name Jackie.
When we got back to the hotel we saw this parked outside. Very nice!!!!

No comments: