Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Idol Addiction (group three)

I am seriously cheesily addicted to this show. How do I know? Well for one thing in order to make sure that what I am going to blog is exactly how I am feeling and that the judges don't have any impact on my opinion I take notes while the contestant is singing. Another sure sign of my addiction; I don't like watching it with my family. It is something that is just more enjoyable alone. Tyler did watch it with me this morning and that was actually okay. I laughed my butt off when Scott was singing and Tyler said; "what would happen if he just walked right off the stage?"

Since I am sure you are all dying to know what I thought here it is.
First glance at this group I can tell you right now Lil Rounds is going to sing last. Honestly some things about this show are just way to predictable.

Von Smith- Well this is the best I have heard him but I am still not a fan.
Taylor- Wow she looks sooo pretty! It is a little boring in parts but also pretty awesome in parts. She sounds very nervous- her voice is almost shaking but she has a total pop voice. There is something about her that I like.
Kara is an idiot
Alex- ummm yeah this is somewhat painful and he also sounds very nervous. There is something somewhat original about his voice though he just kind of over did it or something.
Ariana- I HATED her audition and this isn't any better. DREADFUL BORING PITCHY. She sounds even more nervous then Alex or Taylor.
I am starting to think this is the worst top 36 in Idol History. Maybe the show is set up. They picked out who they wanted as the top 12 and then chose all other mediocre talent to fill in the gaps.
Ju'Not- started out a little rough but got better. I like that he put an R&B twist on the song but Jamal's twist in Hollywood week was much much better. Whoa buddy TMI about the cortisone shot in the butt. ACK
ummm Nathaniel scares me a little bit
Kirsten/Kristen (can't remember now)- I have never really been a fan but she actually has a nice voice and she looks very pretty tonight.
Kara annoys me!!
Nathaniel- song choice seems a little safe but I think he actually did good. I kind of like him but he really really needs to quit saying he wants to touch people with music.
Felicia- Gorgeous girl. So super cute. I really like her "phrasing" as Paula would say but she is trying to hard. Her kid is soooooo cute. He def gets his good looks from his mom.
Kara is soooooo annoying!!!
I agree with Simon that the first half of the song was better.
Scott- I really have thought from day one that he was way overrated but he is going to sing one of my favorite songs so I am going to give him a chance. ACK my satellite is wigging out but from what I can tell he is doing a really good job. OH my gosh how funny he is Hi 5ing Ryan. Hilarious. I kind of like this kid.
Kendall- I imagine that if she doesn't make it they will bring her back as a wild card. They like to have a country girl in the mix. Hmmm that is all I wrote in my notes and now I can't remember if I liked her or not. I am not a country fan so I probably didn't. All I can remember is Paula saying she liked her outfit and me thinking it looked like she was wearing a wrinkly bed sheet.
Jorge- Bet you money Paula is drooling or will be shortly. Started out a little boring but had some really really good parts. I think he is the first one tonight that actually sounds like he is on key. He is pretty adorable. I like it when they are sooo humble like him. If Paula would sit down I would like him even more.
Kara annoys me!!!!
Lil Rounds- Honestly I am going to have a hard time being objective when it comes to Lil Rounds I guess she is in the same boat as Danny to me where I feel like she has been shoved down my throat. Wow this song is actually pretty decent. She isn't screaming it which makes her much more enjoyable to listen to. The last little part of the song she started shouting again and made me remember why I don't like her. I am also thinking that people should vote for another girl in this group because there is no way the judges wouldn't pick her as a wild card. They practically worship her.
Ummm Kara don't try and act ghetto it is so not working for you.
I am so so so so very sorry for ever comparing my super adorable, sweet, funny sister n law Brittney to annoying, irrelevant, "package artist" Kara. No comparison.
Since I just watched it this morning I obviously didn't vote but my choices would have been Scott, Taylor and Jorge but I am sure Lil Rounds will make it. I totally thought vote for the worst would have chosen Nathaniel because of his antics but they chose Alex. Whatever.
I also saw that Ricky Brady, Anoop and Matt (dueling piano guy) were spotted back in LA with some of the other contestants that already made the top twelve. Maybe they are wild card picks. That would make me happy.

No comments: