Wednesday, March 18, 2009

11

I am running a little late on getting my AI recap up today. I am sure you are just dying in anticipation to see what I thought so I apologize and without further ado here are my ever so valued opinions.

I think this new judge entry is kind of silly but whatever and Ryan is looking kind of like Kermit the Frog to me lately. Also before we even get started I just want to say that Danny reminds me of Tayler Hicks (Soul Patrol). Remember him??

I loooathe country night. I am glad we are getting it over with early.

Michael sounds typical country- not anything to write home about but I love the harmonica. He does a good job remembering the crazy lyrics but we wouldn't be able to tell if he forgot.
Ack Paula (and the rest of the judges) are trying to make him country when he really is an R&B kind of guy. I HATE it when they do that. Look at Phil Stacey. So lame.

Allison sounded really great in the little preview and I love her hair and outfit. Her performance was okay.

Kris is still my favorite. He made the song sound very contemporary and fresh. I am wondering if he can do BIG though. His style reminds me of Jason Castro a little bit. The last note was a bit off but he is so adorable. It is funny because I can't stand the weird things Michael does with his mouth when he sings but I love the quirky things Kris does with his.

Lil Rounds just said "quite a few time together" NICE. This is a very sad song and she sounds okay. Nothing spectacular. And wow the judges aren't falling all over her tonight. Shocking.

Adam and Randy Travis together are CRACKING me up!!! Love it!!! I love Johnny Cash and I love this song. Wow Adam's take on it is kind of scary in a kind of cool emo way. Whoa drama but I almost like it. Simon is going to HATE this. I am totally getting a modern Queenish vibe from Adam. One thing I can say is that he has totally stayed true to himself. And just when I thought that Kara could never say anything intelligent she hits exactly how I am feeling about this performance right on the head, "confused but happy".

Scott was just okay for me. He has an interesting tone to his voice and it got better toward the middle but it was still kind of safe. I do like how they are making it possible for him to be on this show- like at the beginning they had Alexis kind of holding on to him as they walked out.
I totally disagree with Paula. Stevie Wonder is ALWAYS behind the piano- it is part of who he is and I think it is the same with Scott.

Alexis is not doing very good. The song is beyond boring and she is seriously out of tune and way "pitchy". And just when I thought I might be able to stand Kara she has to go and say stupid ANNOYING things. Alexis does not need to act/look/sing like a street walker to be good. Kara needs to give it a rest.

Danny looks terrible and doesn't sound much better. Oh my gosh I am dying laughing because I just told Allias that Danny is the new Soul Patrol (aka Tayler Hicks) and he said he was just thinking the same thing! This was Danny's worst performance- I really really really hope he isn't in the finals. Danny is a glorified wedding singer. If he wins I predict he will have just as much success as Tayler Hicks has.

Anoop is the comeback kid for sure! He sounds FANTASTIC. He is making the song fresh and new. I LOVE it. I am also liking him in eyeliner.

Megan has a very original voice. I am still getting the folk rock vibe from her and I actually think I would buy an album she put out if that was the route she went. She looks very pretty tonight but she sooooo needs dance lessons. LOL! I love how the judges brought up the fact that she has the flu and was in the hospital and she is coughing away. Way to milk it. They must really not want her to go home.

Matt is sooooooo BRILLIANT. He sounds so raw and emotional and I LOVE him. He is another one that I would like to see behind the piano every time he sings.

Ryan is right in saying that we have ourselves a competition. To me the Wild Cards were on fire tonight. I voted for Kris, Matt, Adam and Anoop and then threw in a couple votes for Allison and Megan to try and give them an edge over Lil Rounds.
If it were up to me Michael or Lil Rounds would be going home. I am not holding out any hope that Danny will be gone anytime soon.
I totally thought Vote For the Worst would pick Adam but I guess they stick by one person until they get sent home so they still chose Megan.
I checked Dial Idol as well and was kind of bummed out by who they predict to be the bottom three. I saw an interview with Ryan on Oprah and he told her if he had to choose who he thought would be in the finals right now he would pick Adam, Danny, Allison and Kris. I don't see Allison making the top four unless the judges use a save. Hmmmmm. You know what would make me really mad is if Danny is who ends up getting saved. Now I am stressing myself out. If I had to pick the final four today I would choose Kris, Matt, Adam and Alexis (but only if she stopped trying to be dirty and told Kara to shut-up).

2 comments:

HAWAIIAN SIMPSON FAMILY said...

ahhhh! ok here it goes. (and just remember through my rant that I LOVE YOU)

I can't believe how much you hate Kara. I love most of what she says cause she actually knows what she's talking about! Paula on the other hand I constantly want to punch her in the face. She just sounds like a babbling idiot. Can't stand it. Kara rocks and I like her. There! I said it.

and my vote is for Adam except I don't vote cause I DVR American Idol and watch it the next day.

Lisa and company said...

LOL- Love you too! I just don't think Kara brings anything to the show and she is way too slutty for me. Paula is a drunk lunatic but I am used to her.