Monday, March 9, 2009

15 Most Influential albums

I posted this on my facebook but wanted to blog it too. I just realized I have two number 14s. Oops

Think of 15 albums that had such a profound effect on you they changed your life or the way you looked at it. They sucked you in and took you over for days, weeks, months, years. These are the albums that you can use to identify time, places, people, emotions. These are the albums that no matter what they were thought of musically, they shaped your world.

I chose mine from the last 17 years or so.

1.Pink Floyd- The Wall (Travis had this on cassette and we would listen to it over and over and over and over again listening to it brings back all the memories of falling in love with him)
2. Bob Marley- Legend (this Cd reminds me of my mom- it is also a perfect CD to listen to in the carpool line while waiting to pick up kids)
3. Nirvana- Unplugged in New York (I remember when I saw this on MTV- wow- I would put this album near the top of the best of all time list)
4. Hard-Fi- Stars of CCTV (Hard-Fi is one of my favorite bands)
5. Guns N Roses- Appetite for Destruction (Never gets old)
6. The Subways- Youth For Eternity (Billy Lund is beautiful)
7. Matisyahu- Youth (Another album that would be on my best of all time list)
8. Credence Clearwater Revival- Chronicles (I think Travis and I listened to this CD non stop for at least a year or two)
9. Led Zeppelin- III (just slightly edged out over Zeppelin II as my favorite Zeppelin album)
10. Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory (brilliant)
11. Matchbox Twenty- Mad Season (I can still sing all the words to every song- I listened to it that much)
12. The Doors- Greatest Hits (another album that reminds me of the early days with Travis. I have so many memories associated with this album)
13.Wolfmother- Wolfmother (so sad they broke up- most brilliant live show I have ever seen)
14. Fleetwood Mac- Rumours (Travis and I def had a classic rock thing going on there for awhile- this album also reminds me of my childhood)
14. Stephen Marley- Mind Control (I am so addicted to this album- I have it acoustic too it's beyond amazing)
15. Van Morrison- Moon Dance (And It Stoned Me is one of my all time favorite songs)
(I know it says 15 but I can't narrow it down)
16. The Who- 20th Century Masters; The Who- Best of The Who (The Who are fantastic- I love listening to Travis sing along with Pinball Wizard- I can totally picture it in my mind when I think about it)
17. Yellowcard- Yellowcard (I am a sucker for rock music with violins)
18. The White Stripes- White Blood Cells (Before I got my ipod I went through at least three of this CD)
19. Steve Miller Band- Greatest Hits 74-78 (so many amazing songs- one of the first CD's Travis and I bought together)
20. Blue October- Foiled (18th Floor Balcony is probably my all time favorite song- there is a part where his voice and the violins are going in unison ((4:12)) wow)
21. Joss Stone- The Soul Sessions (The first time i heard Joss I was blown away- she has shifted directions and I don't really care for her new stuff as much but her first CD is soooo fantastic- she does a remake of The White Stripes Fell in Love with A Girl ((hers is fell in love with a boy)) that I LOVE)
22. After Midnight Project- After Midnight Project- (I am FINALLY going to see them live this month!!!!!! I cannot wait- If you haven't heard them you totally need to check them out they are my favorite)
23 America- History (Another one Travis and I listened to non-stop)
24. Jimi Hendrix- Electric Lady Land (I lost this CD and it is sorely missed- I keep meaning to rebuy it)
25. Grateful Dead- American Beauty (Box of Rain was my ringback for like a year. The whole album is wonderful)
26. Alice In Chains- Nothing Safe- Best of Alice in Chains (Layne Staley had such an original voice- so sad that he lost his life to addiction- Alice In Chains remains one of my favorite bands)



I should do one for the first 17 years of my life as well. That will be my next post.

No comments: