Monday, March 9, 2009

15 Most Influential Albums (the early years)

Think of 15 albums that had such a profound effect on you they changed your life or the way you looked at it. They sucked you in and took you over for days, weeks, months, years. These are the albums that you can use to identify time, places, people, emotions. These are the albums that no matter what they were thought of musically, they shaped your world.


Here are the albums I can still remember as having a great impact on my childhood and early teens.
1. Michael Jackson- Thriller (I used to pretend I was Olivia Newton John and that I was married to him- I had a Michael Jackson barbie doll too.)
2. Olivia Newton John-Physical (I remember saving up all my pennies so I could buy this RECORD- I played it over and over again on my little record player)
3. Motley Crue- Girls Girls Girls- ( I had a fish tank and my fish were named Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars, Tommy Lee and I had an Eel his name was Vince Eel.)
4. Huey Lewis and the News- Picture This (There is a song called The Only One that I can still sing word for word- I kept this tape LONG after CD's came out)
5. Prince- Purple Rain Soundtrack (My friend Jessica and I used to scream the lyrics to Darling Nikki while walking around getting into mischief we weren't very good girls)
6. Bon Jovi- Slippery When Wet (I cried every time I listened to it)
7. Guns N Roses- Use Your Illusion II (I just bought this again- it is still as amazing to me as it was when I was a teenager)
8. Bon Jovi- Young Guns Soundtrack (the movie and the songs were HUGE to me)
9. Duran Duran- Rio (I think Hungry Like a Wolf was one of the first videos I ever saw) It was a hard choice between Rio and Jane's Addiction- Nothings Shocking for this spot
10. Beastie Boys- Licensed to Ill (Timeless really- I still listen to it)
11. Violent Femmes- The Violent Femmes (I actually probably started listening to this when I was about 18 but I didn't include it on my other list so wanted to put it here. First concert I ever went to)
12. NWA- Straight Out of Compton (I would NEVER listen to this now but when I was in HS I could sing along with every song)
13. Sir Mix A Lot- Swass (LOL my posse spent plenty of time on Broadway, we also sang every word to every song while cruising the ave)
14. U2- The Joshua Tree (I haven't listened to U2 in ages- I am not really a fan anymore but this album was so amazing to me back then)
15. Madonna- Like a Virgin (man I loved the videos that came out from this album)
Okay Okay I will stop at 15 this time.
OH AND I TAG EVERYONE!!!!!

No comments: