Thursday, March 26, 2009

TOP 10

So the contestants singing tonight will make up the American Idol tour. Funny that four out of ten are wild card picks. There are also at least four contestants that I would never pay to go see.
I have never really liked Motown week just because these are some of the most serious overplayed songs in the history of music and it usually ends up being a Karaoke night to me. I am hoping the contestants can do something to make these songs sound original. I am excited to see what Adam comes up with and I wonder if Scott will do a Stevie Wonder song (I doubt it though because he doesn't have the range).
I have to admit that I cracked up with they pulled up to Hitsville and there were like five fans outside. Too funny. The whole crying bit with Lil Rounds seemed a bit put on to me but whatever. Sometimes these intros take way to long I am ready to hear some singing.

I think Matt seriously might be my favorite. That really was fantastic but I totally hate his outfit- those pants were beyond tight they looked gross and I hate that Kara is always making comments about sex.

Wait I think Kris is my favorite. Allias said he is like a David Cook/David Archuletta mix. I can see that a little bit. All I know is that I LOVE him. I think I am going to buy this song on Itunes. I am so happy we got to hear him go a little BIGGER with his voice tonight. His wife is so stinkin' cute. Kara said he did Kris and that he did everything right and I totally agree with her. I have no idea why Simon is telling Kris he needs swagger.

I am ready for Scott to go home. His vocals just aren't that great and he always gives these big annoying speeches at the end of his performances. I did like the backup singers by the piano though. That was pretty cool.
The crayon thing was a little silly. I laughed when I read another blog that said nice they bring out prop humour in front of the blind guy.

Whooaa Megan is wayyyyy off pitch. Vote For the Worst is going to be happy she is their gal. I can just hear Simon saying she sounded better when she was sick. This is way painful and she is yelling parts of the song. I wonder if they will ever dress her in anything that covers her tattoo sleeve. I didn't like it at ALL.
Kara is totally making sense tonight and Paula too. Wonders never cease. My Guy really would have been a perfect song for her.

Anoop totally looks like a college student tonight. This song is kind of boring but the vocals aren't terrible or anything.
I think the Wild Cards are really bringing it tonight and I am finding myself liking everything the judges are saying.

Michael doesn't even compare with the other guys this season. I am ready for him to go home too. He didn't take Smokey's advise at all and he sounds like Karaoke night at the bar.

Lil Rounds got a weave. She is recapping her experience at Hitsville. She doesn't sound genuine at all to me. I really don't like this kind of song and she is YELLING. It isn't original at all. Please don't let the judges love it. Randy and Kara got it right!!! Wooohoo for the judges tonight. I told Travis I totally need to be a judge on this show. I just read on another blog that she gave a shout out to Obama after her performance. Glad I was already hitting fast forward.

Adam is kind of freaking me out again. I laughed soooo hard when he came out. Tyler says he looks like Zach Effron in Hairspray!!! LOL! He really does. I am not sure what to think about Adam still. I think I like him and I think he has amazing range but he is kind of a freak. Kara can't count that was eight words. I don't know if I am as exuberant about his performance as the judges but I do think the word relevant fits.

Oooooo GO SOUL PATROL!!!! Danny is sooooo overrated. The other guys in this competition are way way way way better then him. Too bad the producers pushed him so hard in the beginning. Now he has this huge fan base. I am glad the judges have stopped falling all over him.

Allison picked the most perfect song for her voice. She totally rocked it. Way to come back from the bottom three girl.


The judges were really great tonight and I loved how Smokey told the story behind the songs. That was cool. I don't think he really gave anyone any great advise or anything but he was a nice guy and I think he helped build every one's confidence. I thought most of the contestants did a great job "making the songs their own".

I am hoping that the road will end for Michael or Scott. If I had to pick a top four right now I would choose Kris, Matt, Adam and Allison but I just don't see anyway that Danny isn't going to make the final four. Lame. I checked Dial Idol and no shockers there.

No comments: