Monday, March 2, 2009

Boy Scout Service Project

Travis and the Boy Scouts had a service project planned for Saturday morning. The forecast was calling for rain but Travis said as long as it wasn't pouring they would still go. Saturday morning I woke up to the sound of pretty heavy rain but Travis didn't consider it pouring. I called Sister Miracle to let her know we were still coming and she was very surprised. They worked for about four hours and got pretty wet but did a fantastic job. I wish I would have taken before and after shots of the yard they cleaned up but here is a picture of all the boys standing in part of the pile of stuff they moved to the backyard. Enjoying a snack.
Denise said Boe looks like he is tossing Salad in this picture. They all took turns wearing Tyler's sunglasses.
contemplating how to get this out of the ground
heave ho!!!


They were sooooo filthy and wet by the time it was all over. I was inside helping with the packing and every time I looked out I saw Allias picking up piles of pine straw. He worked very very hard. All the boys did really. I think they actually had a good time and the lady who's yard they cleaned up was very grateful. After it was over everyone went home to dry off, eat and rest up for their basketball game that evening. It was a busy Saturday!

2 comments:

ALC Wedding Photography said...

it looks like the boys (or do they prefer MEN!?!?) had a blast! even in the weather! did you guys get any snow(today--mon?)

Lisa and company said...

we got an inch or so. Nothing to write home about but enough to delay school a few hours and make me cold.