Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Is it possible to be boring but good?

They tell people over and over again not to touch Michael Jackson and now they are using his music as a theme. This should be fun. I hope Adam does Thriller, that would be entertaining, but he better not try and sing Billy Jean that song totally belongs to David Cook now. Looking over the top 13 I think America and the judges did a pretty good job. I am actually getting excited for this season and hope they can pull off these songs.

First up Lil Rounds
The first thing I think of when I see her is how over rated she is. I just don't think she is as great as the judges (Kara especially) think she is. She is doing okay- it isn't blowing me away or anything but she looks pretty in pink. Thank you Simon for keeping it real.
Great Kara is going to be as obnoxious as usual. I keep hoping one of the producers will call her out of being so utterly annoying.
Scott is up next- I imagine he will be behind the piano- I am actually excited to see that. I wonder if he will use the piano each week. I am thinking he should- no offense but I am also kind of hoping he starts wearing shades when he sings. He kind of has a George Michael sound to me. I like him- he is making the song sound brand new which is something Lil Rounds didn't do with her song. The thing I like about Scott is you can tell that he totally feels everything he sings. I can't believe Simon said it is okay to be artistic just not on this show. That is an odd thing to say. David Cook was super artistic and look where he is.
Danny has an adorable family. They are making me like Danny better. Terrible song choice but I love his performance. He has a lot of rhythm. I am liking him better tonight even though the song seems a little safe and I just don't see him as selling millions of records. I am glad they didn't mention the dearly departed once. I still think he is way over rated and has been shoved down our throats by the producers for weeks. I will never vote for him no matter how far he goes or how good he gets.
Oil Rig Michael is hard to watch. I don't think he is good enough. I imagine he will be one of the first to go. I just don't think he is original enough and he bores me to tears.
Kara brings absolutely nothing to this show and why is Paula so weepy tonight?
Watching live is really lame. Way too many commercials but this four year old sending pictures on her computer is pretty adorable.
Jasmine looks so cute in pink. She really is an adorable girl- if her singing career doesn't work out she should totally try modeling. I guess that is why the judges keep calling her commercial. She also has a cute family. I am actually surprised that she is doing as good as she is. I think this may be the best I have heard her sing but I am not sure that it is good enough.
Kris is beyond adorable and has an equally adorable wife.
I ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ his voice. I have a feeling Simon is going to call him corny or something. But wow that smile. He is my favorite.
Allison's hair looks pretty tonight. It is so hard to believe she is 16 when she sings. She actually reminds me of Pink a little bit. I think it is funny how confident she seems when she is performing and then she falls apart when she has to have a real life conversation. I don't know if people are going to vote for her or not but I kind of like her.
This top 13 is turning out to be pretty good but other then Kris everyone seems a little boring.
Oh my gosh Anoop why oh why are you going to try and sing Beat It? I mean you are going to end up sounding like Weird Al singing Eat it. I am pretty sure that Beat It should be on some untouchable list somewhere. Especially if you can't dance. Beat It is just as much about the dancing as it is about the singing. Fall Out Boy and John Mayer did an okay copy of this song but you have to have A LOT of attitude to pull it off and I don't think Anoop Dog has it.
Wow Kara actually said something worthwhile. There is a first for everything. I agree with her that there was no emotional connection. I didn't think it was terrible but I think with the calibre of talent we have seen so far I am thinking that anyone who isn't perfect may be going home.
Jorge is easier for me to listen to with my eyes closed and I seriously think he just switched to Spanish part way through the song. I hit rewind just to make sure and I really think he did. Too funny. I don't think he sang very well at all. He may be in danger too.
Megan is wearing a bad bad bad dress. There is something very interesting about Megan's voice. I think that she could actually be good as like a folk rock singer. She sounds really good at points and I hear this funky original tone that I kind of like but then it falls flat more often then not. Her dancing is soooooo corny it makes me laugh. And she just said CAW CAW at the end of the song. WoW
Adam may be growing on me. I can't quite figure him out. Is he super cocky or super humble? Gay or Straight? Just when I start to like him and then he goes all dramatic and screechy. I would like to hear him sing something slower. I watched a YouTube video of a stage performance he did where he played Joshua (Old Testament) and he sang a song that was pretty slow and it was actually good. He seems pretty humble as the judges are talking to him. I am back to liking him again.
Dueling Piano Matt is another favorite of mine. I am sooooooo glad he is part of the top 13. He has such a nice voice and I l♥ve when he is behind the piano. There is so much soul in his voice. I hope he is around for A WHILE! He needs to work on his falsetto a little bit though- it was semi painful to me.
Alexis is so beautiful when she is with her daughter but I am HATING what she is wearing. I think she took Kara's advice to dirty it up a little too seriously. This song is actually perfect for her voice but I agree with Paula that she over sang it. I am telling you that I want to punch Kara in the face. Why is she such a hooker?

Other then tonight being a little on the boring side I think everyone did pretty well. It is going to be a hard choice. Vote for the Worst probably had a very hard time picking someone. I think this top 13 is decent and there are four or five standouts. My guess is that Vote for the Worst went with Anoop but he may be a little too boring for them. Just checked and they chose Megan because she said CAW CAW at the end of her performance. Mentioned something about the fact that Robin's don't go CAW CAW! Too funny.
I didn't really have a chance to vote because I was soooo tired by the end of the show. I did dial in for Dueling Piano Matt a couple times and tried to get through for Kris but it was busy. Hopefully they will still be standing tonight. I am excited to see what the change is and I hope it is something that makes the show better. I read some rumors that the judges are going to pick who goes home out of the bottom two or three. I really hope that isn't it. I think they will lose A LOT of fans if they do that.
If I was to guess who is going home I would go with Jorge, Anoop or Jasmine.
There is another website called Dial Idol that I check. It predicts who is safe and who is in danger. During the first couple of weeks it isn't super accurate but as the season goes on it's usually right on. I know some people don't like spoilers so I wont go into great detail but it looks like Anoop may have gotten the sympathy vote.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i love reading your AI recaps. somethimes they're more entertaing than the show.

The Big Sister said...

Okay So I have totally missed this seasons AI completely because we ditched TV...but now I totally feel like I watched the show! That was awesome...I am totally going on YouTube now to watch the recaps just to see what you are talking about!