Friday, October 23, 2009

Thankful

One of my family members is blogging 30 days of thankfulness and I thought with Thanksgiving right around the corner I would do the same. There are technically 35 or so days left until Turkey Day but I figured I would start today so I can make sure and get 30 posts in by November 26th. Anyone want to join me?

Yesterday Kailyn and I attended a dress rehearsal for the NC Symphony. The second piece of music they played was very dark/eerie and not super pleasant. I leaned over to the guy next to me and said, "I don't think I would listen to this for pleasure it sounds like it belongs in a horror movie." He laughed and agreed. He ended up talking to me a few more times during the song and I found out that he was actually one of the members of the Symphony (he played Clarinet!). He complimented Kailyn on her concert etiquette and me on my ability to home school.

I am thankful that wherever my kids go people are quick to tell me how polite and sweet they are. Kailyn and Allias have both flown alone (Allias several times) and each and every time someone has come up to me at the baggage claim to tell me how charming and delightful my child was to have on the plane. My aunt and uncle said people couldn't tell them enough what a charming, sweet boy Allias was and how it was rare to find a teenager with such great character these days. It is no different with Tyler- his teachers, church leaders, extended family and even arresting officers and district attorneys have all adored him. I remember the first few weeks Tyler was away his letters often talked about how the people he was at school with had no respect for authority. I am glad he wasn't one of those kids. The staff at Tarheel Challenge think he is amazing and they are so proud of him.

So today I am grateful for kids who, even though at home they can talk back with the best of them and drive me insane on a regular basis, know how to behave in public.

Some pictures from the symphony

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Kailyn looks darling all dressed up! I miss those Kiddos!!

Tami said...

I'm so excited to read a thankful blog each day!