Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sentimental Value (I am Thankful Day 3)

Today I am grateful for things that are so small they would fit in your pocket but take up a hundred times that much space in your heart.

One time when we were at a campground for a family reunion Travis and a few people went into town. Travis brought this back for me. He had made it at a little gift shop they found. I always get compliments when I wear it and I absolutely love it but what I love even more is the fact that Travis thought of doing something like this for me.
My mom used to wear these little silver loops ALL the time. A friend of hers got them in Indonesia and I always loved them and begged to borrow them. One time when I was home for a visit she gave them to me. They are super precious to me- I thought I lost them once and I cried and cried.
One afternoon I went to the movies with a friend. When I was getting in my car to go home I noticed a note on my windshield. Luckily Travis has very recognizable handwriting LOL! I think it is totally adorable and it is one of my prized possessions. I carry it with me wherever I go.
My mom bought me this beaded wallet at the Apple Blossom Festival. It totally reminds me of something she would have or use and I treasure it because of that.

Do you have "little" things like this in your life that mean the world to you?

1 comment:

Tami said...

How funny we had similar posts today! I didn't even read yours until I was done with mine. I love reading your thankful blog!