Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Remember when? (I am Thankful Day 6)

Kailyn had a marine biology class at the library today. She had a really great day at school but by the time we got to the class she just wasn't feeling it. After the small hands on part she was ready to be done so we left early.

As we were driving home I decided to stop at the park. The weather was sooo gorgeous and the fall colors so beautiful I just felt like we needed to spend some time outdoors.
While we were swinging together Kailyn started asking me if I remembered when such and such thing had happened and this kind of questioning lasted through our swinging, on our nature walk and all the way home in the car.

Did I remember when Shiloh Judd pushed her right out of the swing when she was little? Did I remember the two big dogs we saw at this park a long time ago? Did I remember when Daddy kicked the ball into the stream and she had to jump from rock to rock to get it out? Did I remember the snake Tyler killed at White Oak Shopping Center? Did I remember the snake Allias chased into Lake Benson? Did I remember when I told her she never would have made a good pioneer? Did I remember the trees they used to climb at our old house? Did I remember when we brought Maisy and Molly to the park and we had bought a ball for Maisy to play with but she was scared of it and Molly played with it the whole time? Did I remember the giant snapping turtle Daddy almost ran over and how he picked it up and moved it off the road? Did I remember the Hippos we saw in Disney World and the Giraffe that came right up to us at the zoo? And on and on.

Honestly I only remembered about half of the things she was asking me about but her questioning did remind me of some of my own memories and I enjoyed spending time with her and talking.
Today I am grateful that in spite of our busy lives we have found a way to make a few memories along the way. I am grateful that Kailyn's memory is better then mine and that today she was willing to share some of those memories with me.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Shiloh denies to this day that that actually happened, fwiw.

Lisa and company said...

maybe her memory is better then his as well