Thursday, October 29, 2009

I am Thankful Day 7

I have been going to the same hair dresser for quite some time. I am trying to remember just how long it has been but yeah I can't. Six or seven years maybe. Anyway she is brilliant and I love her, not just because she always makes me look amazing but also because she is such a great person. She was in her Stake's Young Women's Presidency for I don't know how long (I am sure to her it felt like forever) and she was just called this year to teach Seminary. We have the best talks during the two hours it takes to do my hair and if I could afford it I would go more then every six weeks. Seriously it is better then therapy.

I like to change my hair- color, length, style -nothing is off limits. I love that I can just go in, sit down in the chair and say, "I want to do something different!", and she is totally game. She actually gets excited and I have never been even slightly disappointed with how it turns out. I always love it!!!!! So either I am totally vain or she is totally magnificent (maybe it's a little bit of both).

For several reasons (vanity probably being one) I always take a picture or two or three of myself when I get home from the hairdresser (especially if I have done something different). So BONUS for you- today you get to see my hair through the years. LOL! I wonder if sometime in the future after I am dead and gone my posterity will look through my pictures and wonder why I have so many shots of the side of my head.

this is the beginning of 06- wow I look young! Crazy what a few years will do to ya (this is the first of these type of "self-portraits" I have since we got our first digital camera Christmas of 05).

Oooo I really really liked my hair like this. I wore it this way for a whole year I think.
I decided to go back to my roots. It didn't last long though. Don't look at my zits! This is sometime late 07.
I go short, long and sometimes in between. (this is the end of 07 as well- see I picked that zit so much it made a scar)
slowly started adding more and more blond again lol- early 08
Wow! a shot of the BACK of my head. I think I was trying to show off the choppy layers in this picture (sometime in 08)
I am missing a few stages in between these last few pictures. This was taken this summer. I had been adding back in more and more blond and was tired of it. Decided to go dark again. LOL
Here is the most recent. I decided to do something I had never done before. RED. I really like it!

1 comment:

Simpson5 Family Blog said...

I like the red. I wish I could find a good Hair person.
Jessica