Friday, December 5, 2008

stuck

I went shopping today. I wanted to find a couple new skirts or a dress to wear for Seminary. I went to Target and picked out several things to try on. Target sizes usually run a little big so I had to come out of the fitting room a few times to get a smaller size. The last thing I tried on was a dress that had two pieces- a slip type thing and then a see through layer that went over the top. The dress looked really small so I grabbed an extra-large. As soon as I started to put it on I could tell it was going to be to small but the slip thing was all bunched up at the top so I pulled it down tight. Bad mistake. The dress wouldn't come off. It had no zippers or buttons to loosen it up and I was literally STUCK in the dress. I tried without success to pull it back over my head or to pull one of my arms loose for several minutes. Its funny how quickly one can get totally sweaty. I made up my mind that I would just rip the dress and pay for it. I tried to rip the seam around the arm but it wouldn't even stretch and I had the same results with the seam along the bust. I decided to try and take my bra off and see if that would help. I unfastened it and pulled it up out of the dress and around my neck. Yeah that didn't help- the dress would not budge over my ribs. At this point I was thinking I am either going to have to have to ask a Target employee to come and help me out of this dress or call someone to come rescue me. The only other thing going through my mind was I am totally going to have to blog this. I really didn't want to get anyone else involved in my predicament so I said a quick prayer and slowly and slightly painfully peeled the dress off centimeter by centimeter. This process took about ten minutes and finally I was free. I walked out of the fitting room and said to the attendant. "If you are wondering why I was in there so long- that dress is evil"

3 comments:

maren bosley said...

HILARIOUS! I can just imagine being in that situation and the panic that would hit. Nice work!

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

HA HA HA HA!!!! That totally brought back memories of not one, but TWO dress incidences in my life. I'm sure you have learned from your first one. Classic!

You also helped explain some of the Twilight madness to me.

The Scheuffele Family said...

You crack me up! I can totally relate! After having similar experiences, more times than I want to admit...I've decided that "spandex" needs to be a requirement for all clothing items.