Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Concert

Allias had his Christmas concert last night for band. They did really fantastic and Allias played wonderfully. He is such a talented musician! I could totally pick him out from the rest of the clarinets. His school has a student teacher working with them from ECU- she actually plays the clarinet as well. She came up to me at the end of the show and was full of praise for Allias. She wants him to stay after school one day a week for private lessons. If we can work it into out budget we are going to do it. Both mine and Travis' mom said we should think of it as a college investment. Here are videos of the songs they performed. Sorry about my poor video taking skills! LOL! In this first song there are parts where the only clarinets playing are Allias and the 2nd chair girl. They have been the number one and number two since sixth grade. She used to get upset because she has been playing since the 3rd grade but they are good friends now.

The other lady you see playing is the student teacher. She decided to join their band for the evening. These videos took days to upload (I am not exaggerating they literally took days). Good thing I am at work and have nothing better to do. ENJOY


Chestnuts roasting on an open fire


The little girl in front of me was getting restless and kept poking her head up out of her seat and talking. (her brother played clarinet too but was in the 7th grade)



During the fourth song the band director stopped them and had them start again. Allias was actually happy, he said he was thinking to himself "these people are not on time and it's messing me up" I tried for hours and hours to get the video to upload and it wouldn't! Again there were clarinet parts in this song where only Allias and the 2nd chair girl play. (the student teacher doesn't count LOL)
My battery died right as we started applauding- I am happy it held out for the last song. After the show was over I overheard the student teacher's family tell her they were laughing because she had a college degree couldn't even make first chair! She said that's because Allias is sooo good. We think so too!
I will try and get the video to load another day. Sorry!

4 comments:

Nelsons said...

Allias what A great job, I'm so proud of you. I'm so glad we got to hear you play. Thanks Lisa

Brittney said...

Awesome job Allias! We cant wait to see you guys...we miss you so much!

grannyj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
grannyj said...

Dear Lisa,
Allias is wonderful. I really enjoyed the videos. Kids are so amazing and uplifting. Enjoy all of it, as it goes by so fast. I so love reading your blog. I just close my eyes and can hear you talking. It's a wonderful thing. I enjoy reading everyone's blogs, it makes me feel connected to all of you. Thank you. Love from one of your favorite out laws -- Aunt Joanie