Friday, May 20, 2011

Apple Blossom!

When I was growing up in Wenatchee, Wa we all looked forward to The Apple Blossom Festival every year. The parades, food fair, carnival, arts and crafts, live music and cruising the Ave made it a favorite time of year for small town kids.It has changed a bit since I was a kid (they don't let you cruise anymore) but I was still really looking forward to it this year(I am too old for cruising anyway). It has been a long long time since I have been able to go. Tyler went down to stay with my mom and Paul on Saturday and then Kay and I joined them the following Thursday- it was a super quick trip since we had to be back Friday evening for volleyball practice but we still had an AWESOME time. I love living so close to my mom.



My favorite picture of my mom and I ever! I adore this and I adore her. She really is beautiful inside and out!

Ty and Grandma at the food fair!!!! Can you say elephant ears, funnel cakes, proshkys, gyros, caramel apples, piles of curly fries and cotton candy?

My BFF from middle/ high school CJ and her cutie pie son

My mom's crazy dog Bailey Boo (she LOVED wearing these sunglasses lol)


Kay giving us a little concert! I love hearing my kids play music!

Mollykins! She is such a good road trip dog!

My mom let Kailyn get her caricature drawn at the fair- he captured her green eyes perfectly!
We are going to Wenatchee again this weekend for my step-grandma's memorial and I am just so happy that we live close enough to drive over even if it is just for a day!

1 comment:

Marianne & Clayton said...

I have to say I am so jealous! I would love to hit up an Apple Blossom weekend. Ahhh. Home. One of these days you will have to take a picture of Monster Rock for me.