Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Is Ryan Psychic?

One quick comment on last weeks result show. I LAUGHED my butt off when Adam actually picked a group (no one PICKS a group, I mean come on now) and then LAUGHED even harder when he chose the wrong group. Too too funny. I have been trying to figure out for weeks if Adam is cocky or not and now I have my answer.

Ryan told Oprah back in March (when there were 13 contestants left) who he thought would be the top four. Now that his prediction has come true everyone is asking if the show is rigged. Seriously if the show was indeed rigged I don't think Ryan would drop names like that. But who knows maybe it just slipped.

I didn't get to watch last night or vote I was too tired to stay up after my run and porch visit with Amy and Maren.
I watched it this morning and I really really wish I would have voted last night. I am pretty sure Kris is in trouble. I wish he would have taken a rock song and changed it up to have a more pop/folk feel instead of trying to pretend to be a rocker. It just didn't work. There were a couple parts of the song that I loved but overall it was exactly what Simon said "a jam session".

Danny was sooooo beyond dreadful but the producers probably knew he would suck rock week so they gave him the coveted final performance slot to guarantee his safety. Kara actually said something intelligent when she told him he took their swagger comment a little too far. Wouldn't it be funny if Adam and Danny made the finals and the producers decided to have Adam sing Dream On. I can guarantee he would hit that note!

Allison looked so adorable with her pigtails but I cracked up over how nervous she was singing with Slash. She is a cutie. I liked what Adam's hairdresser did with her hair too but I think she looked the best last week. I would have voted for her if I had watched. I really wish she and Kris could beat out Danny.

Adam was brilliant. I have been waiting all season to hear him sing some Zeppelin and he rocked the house. I was surprised to hear Randy say it wasn't Broadway because I still got a bit of a Broadway feel from it. I know Adam is a little over the top for some people but the boy can sing and he does it beautifully!! The club of artists who match with what Adam can do vocally is pretty small; Robert Palmer, Freddy Mercury and Steven Tyler. I think I would buy his album. I would like to see him in a band rather then as a solo artist though.

The duets were probably my favorite part of the show. Kris and Danny sounded brilliant during the harmonies and Allison and Danny's voices are perfect together. I wish Kris would have sounded a little better during his solo parts but I loved both performances.

Simon irritated me with him comment that Adam may have kept Allison in the competition. Ummmm huh? Seriously? And Kara's outfit was seriously just bad. She is taking the rock theme a little too seriously I think.

Dial Idol is making it look pretty close and I don't even know why Vote for the Worst is even bothering anymore but they chose Danny. That means they will probably be pushing him until the end. Stupid because they have been his biggest opponents since day one of the producers shoving him down our throats. Of this top four I honestly think Allison will sell the most records.

Also did you hear that Paula has admitted to being addicted to painkillers.
"Several years ago, Abdul was diagnosed with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome, a chronic neurological condition characterized by severe burning pain and tissue swelling. The disorder also caused teeth-chattering and skin lesions for Abdul.
The "Idol" judge wore a patch that delivered a dose of medication approximately 80 times more powerful than morphine, took a nerve medication to relieve her symptoms and occasionally used a muscle relaxer. But the pain became so severe that it disrupted her sleep and left her acting "weird," Abdul admitted, an acknowledgement of the sometimes-bizarre behavior she displayed on the "American Idol" set." You can read the whole story here.


15 DAYS and So You Think You Can Dance begins!!!!!! I can barely stand it!!!

No comments: