Friday, May 22, 2009

Everything I could have hoped for

I just have to say the the American Idol finale surpassed all of my expectations. It really was perfect. I even like Kara a little more now. I watched it with a group of girl friends and we had a BLAST! This was my favorite finale of all time and here are my favorite moments----

David Cook singing Permanent- He is sooooooo amazing. I put his CD back on repeat. It really is that good. Before Idol David was in a band called Axium. They recorded a few albums. I own them. I also own his solo album Analog Heart. I honestly don't know how he wasn't discovered before now.
Anyway one of my favorite songs is called AC. It is also about his brother and his fight with cancer. Enjoy!


Okay back to how much this show made me happy!
Nick Mitchell aka Normund Gentle. I truly truly love this kid and would pay money to see him perform. He is hilarious!

Kris sounding better then Keith Urban in their duet

The camera zooming in on Megan dancing in the aisle in that outfit. Wow. Comedy! I seriously tried to search for it on Youtube. I wanted to post it here.

How well Bikini girl pulled off being shocked and Kara singing much much better then her. I am happy Kara pulled off the song because she sucks at judging and whoa nelly that song she wrote is just so beyond awful. Brittney heard it on the radio three times today and I listened to it several times to see if it would grow on me. Yeah it didn't.

Allison and Cyndi Lauper singing together. Probably my favorite duet of the night! I soooo wish they would record this. It was AH MAZING. I can't wait to see how well Allison does! She is soooo brilliant.

Matt Giraud sounding really really good. Probably the best I have ever heard him.

Every time Kris and Adam sang together.

Knowing So You Think You Can Dance is about to start!!!! Seriously the best show on television!!! I may have to blog about it!

Adam singing with Queen! Kris singing with Queen!

Kris winning! I honestly would have been happy no matter what. They are both super super talented just in different ways.

Kris saying Adam should have won. (for the record I don't think he has anything to be sorry for and he also deserved to win)

The lower key in the horrendous song that has to be his first single. Adam may be glad he lost because now he never has to sing that dreadful song ever again.

Getting on Itunes and being able to instantly purchase studio versions of both Kris and Adam's best songs from the season. (I have listened to them repeatedly today and I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with both but I think Adam's might be my favorite by a very very small margin but depending on my mood that could very easily change.)

Seeing 12 Kris Allen and 11 Adam Lambert songs in the download top 100.

Seeing both of their Best of Season 8 albums in the top 5.

Seeing the entire top 25 video downloads slammed packed with Kris, Adam and American Idol in general.


On a side note. I read the funniest story that came from an unnamed source who may or may not have been in the Top 36 with Tatiana. Story goes, the top 50 had to fill out intense psychological tests. And Ju’Not Joyner got up in the middle of the room while they were taking the test and said, “Tatiana, when they put your scan-tron in the machine it’s gonna go kabloom!!!” HAHAHA!

4 comments:

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

YAY, it's over. Now I'll get to hear from my friend, Lisa, again about her life and her family. lol

The Scheuffele Family said...

HAHA! Where did you hear that story?! I am cracking up. Tatiyana is whacked!

Kristen said...

I agree with everything. I loved the show. Kara was great. That was just hilarious. Yeah, I loved it all!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Thanks for the re-cap. I didn't get a chance to watch it, but I know you would write something good about it!