Friday, September 4, 2009

How Kailyn Does Summer

Kailyn has had a boy free summer and I think she could totally get used to being the only child. Besides for our fantastic trip to Florida she has been hanging out with friends, swimming in the pool and at the beach, going to movies, museums and baseball games, playing with Lily and also loads and loads of just general vegging out. We went and saw the dress rehearsal for The Sound of Music with some friends and had a blast. I hope we can make it to a few more over the course of the year. A West Side Story is playing in October. Kailyn really wants to get involved in plays/drama and I have been searching around trying to find a place for her to take inexpensive classes. So far I haven't found anything but the search continues. She was a huge help at band camp- she kept the hospitality director's grandson occupied wonderfully and did whatever else she was asked. We started our first week of homeschool Monday and things are going great. Anytime we are doing something that she would never be able to do in a regular classroom like eating ice cream during reading time or doodling on paper while I read to her or laying out on the the trampoline doing math problems she makes sure to point it out to me how much she loves it. She also tells me regularly she is quitting school but I guess there has to be opposition in all things. I wish I had taken more pictures of her this summer but I left the camera behind way too many times.
Travis and Kailyn at the Mudcats game.
Waiting for The Sound of Music to start.

Yeah that's a diaper!



Mudcats- can you see the drama in her eyes???





2 comments:

ALC Wedding Photography said...

I'm loving her short hair! so cute!

Anonymous said...

You ssoo cannot deny her! :) I like how she does summer!