Saturday, September 5, 2009

Family Day with Tyler

Tyler is doing soooooo wonderful. I am soooooooo proud of him. He got three awards. Two for scoring the highest at the school on tests and one for his dedication to staying focus and setting goals. On one of the awards the instructor wrote good job and then crossed it out and wrote GREAT job. He is also on the softball team and in the choir. We had a great day but I forgot to take pictures until the very end. Travis and Kailyn had driven separate from us so I didn't get any pictures with them. Bummer. Last time I didn't even bring the camera. =C. Kailyn baked Tyler cookies last night and he ate ALL of them (15-20) on the way back to the Academy from the mall. He also ate a Chick-fil-A meal and two pieces of pizza for lunch. They went on a field trip yesterday to Raleigh of all places and went to all the museums. He said he ate three bag lunches and bought snacks and soda as well. He may be in shock the rest of the week when he goes back to his regular diet. He has lost 20 pounds since he got there in July!!!!!!
He said after he graduates in December he is going to go to Wake Tech and then transfer to NC State for Vet school. He also plans to serve a mission. When we dropped him off I thanked one of the leaders for their hard work and asked if Tyler was doing okay. He said he was a great kid and was doing wonderfully. He gets to come home for a three day leave in October and wants to have a HUGE party. I think we can manage that.

Here we are heading to the mall. Notice the ear buds- that is the first thing he asked for when he got in the car (my ipod).
This is the ride back to the Academy. Tayler got a little tired. Tyler still had my Ipod.
Me and my boys!!!! Can't believe they are so grown up. Aren't they handsome??? Man I love these kids!!!!
Me and Ty (I look like a total dork in this picture but whatever)LOVE


Courtney, Taylor and Aleesa decided to come along. I think everyone had a great time. When we went in August Daniel and Alyssa came and it was fantastic as well. So glad Tyler has such AMAZING friends. He is getting lots and lots of letters and it has really helped him stay positive and focused.
Ty and Court

Ty and Tay
Ty and Aleesa

3 comments:

Andrew Bosley said...

He looks great! All wonderful news, I'm so happy for you!
maren

Brittney said...

Tyler looks GREAT! I wish i could have been their!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is wonderful Lisa!!! I am glad he is doing so well. Hope seminary is going great!