Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Trashed memories

Travis, Kailyn and I were out running an errand yesterday. We had a pretty interesting conversation while we were out. It went something like this.
K- "I wish my dollhouse had more rooms. I mean the rooms it has are HUGE and great but I just wish it had MORE rooms."
Travis- "Does KC have a dollhouse?" (Kailyn had KC over to play yesterday)
K- "yeah she has two."
Travis- "WoW two???"
K= "yeah I used to have two until mom threw all my memories away."


Speaking of dollhouses. Travis built one for my niece Lily. It turned out fantastic but I didn't get any pictures of the finished product. Hopefully Brittney will post some soon and I can steal one. My friend Shannon used it in two photo shoots when it was pretty close to being done. The first one is Lily's baby brother Owen and the second is a set of boy girl twins.

When Brad and Brittney got all settled in at their new place out in Utah Britt asked Lily what her favorite part of the new house was and she said "my dollhouse". Before they left she was dragging the dollhouse over to her bed at night so she could "sleep" with it. We got lucky when a few months before Travis finished the dollhouse I found a HUGE bag of dollhouse people and furniture at a yard sale. Lily was sleeping with those as well.
Lily is just like Kailyn in a lot of ways- one being that a dollhouse will keep her entertained for hours. The memories that I trashed were in the form of a Fisher Price dollhouse I bought used on Ebay when Kailyn was two. After over six years of constant use it was falling apart so we bought her a new one larger wooden one for Christmas. I guess we should have kept the old one in the garage or something.
Here are some pictures of Lily's dollhouse when it was a work in progress.





1 comment:

Regirlfriend said...

Hey that dollhouse embodies my childhood dreams, other than winning the spelling bee of the universe.

I just want to say thank you for your comments on my blog and your support lately. They have been so sweet and I appreciate your kindness.