Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Love

I just wanted to say how much I love reading everyone's blogs and looking at the pictures. It has been great to see what everyone is up to and how their kids/families are growing.

As for me.....
This week has been long already and its only Wednesday. Allias didn't make the school basketball team and he was way bummed. The coach told him he needed to lift weights and that he wasn't fast enough. I thought that was a little harsh. Allias actually is a really good basketball player and even the rest of the kids were shocked he didn't make it again this year. He has a hurt knee on top of everything else. We took him to the doctor and he has Osgood-Schlatters disease. It's very common but there isn't much that can be done other then ice and rest. The doctor said when he stops growing it should stop bothering him but right now its REALLY bothering him.

My job is psycho right now. We are soooo busy and its hard to stay sane. I think that part of the problem is that I get such a spiritual high every morning teaching seminary that dealing with everyone's issues and complaints at work is a HUGE let down. I did talk to this amazing woman from California yesterday. Her software had major issues so we were on the phone for about an hour and got to chat a little. She was talking about how hard it is to be a follower of Christ in California these days and how she teaches a class on Political Philosphies for her homeschool Co-Op. The course is set up to teach students what our founding fathers believed in when it came to governemnt. It sounded fascinating and I think I may purchase it. It was refreshing to talk to someone who is surrounded by the ways of the world everyday and is still trying to stand for something better.

I am looking forward to the holidays and spending time with friends and having some time off work.

6 comments:

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Well I love to read your blog too. Hopefully there will be many more posts. Thanks so much for your comments on my blogs!!! See you soon.

Elaina E. Bruhn said...

Ahhh, I love reading your blogs too. They are so much fun and getting to keep up with everyone is so great. I'm sorry to here about Alias, I guess there is always next year. Hope he feels better soon. : )

The Big Sister said...

Hey! I am so excited to find your blog :) And I LOVE the pictures of your family- isn't Shannon a Genius! I think my favorite is the picture of Alias! Watch out girls- he looks like a MOVIE STAR! I say fire the basketball coach too...serioulsy hasn't he ever heard of "everyone gets a chance to prove themselves..." anyway your kids are beautiful and I miss you! Good luck with your job and all the whiney people in the world- :)

Amanda said...

Hey Lisa, Your blog looks so good. Who took your photos? They look so professional.

Lisa and company said...

Shannon White took our pictures! She is amazingly amazing. I have her business card posted. She really did the most fantastic job. I couldn't be happier!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Thanks for leaving a comment on mine so I could find yours! So do you work for a software company? I am glad that seminary is going so well! Sheldon's papers are in so were all excited and anticipating the big news. (Hopefully next week--but it might not be till the first of December.)