Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween!





Kailyn wanted to be something scary for Halloween again this year. We had the hardest time finding something because all the costumes were either too skanky or too expensive. We found this Spanish ballroom dress at TJ Maxx. Kailyn loved the way she could twirl in it but still really wanted to be something scary. I told her that we could totally make this dress work for a zombie bride. She was way excited because she got everything she wanted- A super scary costume with a beautiful dress. Here is the finished product. I used blue finger paint for her face. If we ever do this again I will have to work harder to convince her to let me paint her neck and hands.

I think she turned out absolutely gorgeous in a super terrifying kind of way of course. She did scare quite a few kids at her school trunk or treat and most of the teachers didn't recognize her.





She was totally concerned about being serious all the time to keep the whole scary thing going on. You can't see it in these pictures but we stenciled a red rose on one cheek and a black spider by her eye.




And WOOO HOOOO she won the best costume award for her age group at our church trunk or treat. She wanted me to win too but I got beat by a hobbit.
Behold the mother of the bride. I had a little heart on my shirt that would flash when I would walk.
We ended up not even going trick or treating on Halloween. Its weird having older kids that don't really care about it. Travis and Allias went to eighth grade band night at the high school. Allias had a blast and is totally stoked for high school band next year. Tyler was out with friends and I took Kailyn to run some errands and then she spent the night with her friend Emily. She had already loaded up on candy twice and it was FREEZING cold outside so she wasn't too disappointed that she didn't get to actually go out.

2 comments:

Nelsons said...

Wow Kailyn, that's awesome that you got the award for the best costume

The Scheuffele Family said...

Hi Lisa! Tim and I enjoyed looking at the pictures! We can't believe how big the kids are! Hope you all are well.