Friday, June 19, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance

Overall I was disappointed with the show this week. My favorite part of the show was when they showed Evan's brother trying out for next season. That guy has serious talent. If he doesn't make the show they should totally hire him as a choreographer.

I am beginning to feel like they chose dancers that are amazingly technical but totally lacking in the personality department and this week even the dancing wasn't even that great. I didn't like the choreography on either of the hip hop routines and I thought the Tango Philip and Jeanine danced was probably the WORST I have ever seen.
I am also getting annoyed with the judges. They seem to cry over anything and I am starting to feel like this is going to be another classic example of the theory that when everyone is super no one will be.
I thought Brandon and Janette danced that insanely fast disco routine very well but I don't like either of them.
I enjoyed Max and Kayla's routine and I was sad to see Max go. There are sooooo many contemporary dancers this season and I thought Max had been fantastic so far. I would have rather seen Kapona go. I didn't like his solo at all and I hate it when they compare him to Mark from last season. They are NOTHING alike.
I liked Vitolio and Asuka's routine up until Mary started blubbering all over the place. Then I was like ummmmm yeah and the only other routine I thought was even half way decent was Johnathon and Karla. I agree with Mary that he danced it better then his own style. He really doesn't do his own style very well actually.
I also would have chosen to keep Ashley over Caitlin- even though I hated her solo.

I watched the show so late I didn't get to vote but if I would have probably voted for Vitolio and Asuka and possibly Kayla and Max.

No comments: