Monday, June 22, 2009

#1 Dad


It has been said that one of the most important things a women does in her life is to choose who will be the father of her children. When Travis was literally put in my path I had strung together a long list of stupid choices. I am soooooo glad that something in me recognized he was everything I would need and more and that I was able to make an amazingly brilliant choice when it really mattered. I rely on his love, friendship, strength and support more then I could ever express in words.

My kids are soooooo lucky to have him. It doesn't bother me at all that he is the favorite and that they treasure the relationship they have with him so much.
I am so grateful for the example he is to them and to me.

I gave the kids some scrapbooking supplies and they each made Travis a card.
Kailyn wrote this in hers
#1 Dad
My Dad is my hero my best friend
the coolest dude ever that ever lived
he shows me a path of being a parent
I love him more then anything
Allias wrote,
#1 Dad
You are the BEST anyone could have!!!
You are a star that stands out from the rest of the Dads!!
Awesome
Amazing
A in Dad/Father Skills
he also wrote this poem on the back of his card-
Thanks for influencing my life in a good way and always being their for support.
You're a Dad that really rules
especially when you are always there.
You're a great encouraging tool
and there when I need you
always for comfort and care,
I think of you as really cool.
Who would mess with the master, because I wouldn't dare.

Tyler made a chart showing off the difference in their Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 skills with Travis' level being somewhere near the bottom and Tyler's level off the charts.
They aren't competitive or anything. He also wrote that even though his card was plain it was more meaningful and that he had wanted to get Travis a Halo 3 action figure but mom chose an MP3 player. He made sure to put Happy Father's Day and I love you!



I am also so grateful for my own dad and the friendship he and I share and for my step dad who has always been there for me and is so perfect for my mom. I love them both dearly.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

that's so cool!!